1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by shigidy, May 1, 2007.

Do video sites usually do good with adsense? Because I wanted to start my own site hosting my own videos. Hoping to at least make 20 dollars a month. Also is it better to have more traffic with ad sense or just a few with good click through rates? Thx

shigidy, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    $20 a month? That's a very low goal to set. I think you would be able to make AT LEAST $20 a month.

I've never had a video site... but if your goal is to make that $20 a month, there are easier ways to do it.

Fka200, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard video ads pay much less than text ads. However.. since your site is a video blog.. people make be more inclined to watching it. Test it out and see.

And I have to agree that 20/day goal is obtainable.. but takes a lot more time

8everything, May 1, 2007 IP
  4. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    You can't control whether or not you get video ads....

EDIT: But maybe Video keywords would trigger more of them? I dunno.

Fka200, May 1, 2007 IP
  5. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would do some research on adwords and see what keywords for the site would pay.

$20 a month should be easy if you have traffic on your site.

rcj662, May 1, 2007 IP
  6. macgoo

macgoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeh I agree that $20 per month should be attainable with adsense. YouTube is a good promotional tool.

Anyone know whats the latest on YouTube paying its uploaders a percentage of the ad revenue. This is something I am definately interested in. I dont mind if a 10 second video advertisment is added to the beginning and or end of my videos.

macgoo, May 1, 2007 IP
  7. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On a video site (Google/YouTube/Dailymotion/...) I own I made over $100 last April.

It is low income because the site just sits there doing nothing (I do not advertise it).

Peace,

Barti1987, May 1, 2007 IP
  8. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you own a good site with many videos to d/l surely you can make more than 20$/month. good luck with it, tell us the url when it finished. ^^

tradeya, May 1, 2007 IP
  9. shigidy

shigidy Peon

Best Answers:
    well i have a freewebs account and will soon start to make my own site, but here the freewebs one anyways www.freewebs.com/fuzzydicepro

shigidy, May 2, 2007 IP