1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about Ad Targeting

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by aeiouy, Aug 25, 2005.

1. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. so, what are you trying to prove??

spdude, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  2. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is the script of http://www.cplinks.com/ who provide free directory php code!
    What are you trying to prove with that?
    I can only say and one thing LOL.

Imran, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  3. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Laugh all you want. The ads*.htm files I spoke of in the other post have nothing to do with cplinks.

How do I know this? Why; I checked my version of cplinks and downloaded the new version to see. No such aminal, dude.

What next? You gonna tell me you have a bridge in brooklyn you want to sell me?

Here's all the files I downloaded from your site on the 25th in a zip file.

Attached Files:

flawebworks, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  4. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ads.htm? files? I searched my entire home dir and Directory I did not find any ads.htm or ads_002 or 003 as you mentioned? whats going on here?
    What I have in home dire is adimage.htm which was intented to be alternate url but never used?
    I will tell you one thing I can also make pages as you have made on your own as you said you edited them in DreamWeaver!

Its like you guys know nothing, just trying to stick to one mentality and trying to prove me wrong, when I'm not!
    You ask me 1000 times and I reply you 100000 times There was no violation of "TOS" ads were invoked by site in the mainpage with meso domain I removed them there were totally 5 of them!

No I have a property in moon you wanna buy? lol...
    Stop being kiddish.. come back to normal life!
    EDIT: WOW where di you get these files from? You are such an editor? You are really a great coder, showads.htm? you made that? How did you made that on?
    I can giev ftp access to any one who want to access the site? and dir? and search for them selves? there is no such file?
    I want a clear explanation from this?
    Thanks!

Imran, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  5. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don know why you people are commenting on Imran only. If he is cheating adsense then google itself will ban his site or adsense a/c. Why you guys are worried? I also submitted many sites in www.digitalseo.info/dir and i also own 5 dirs. I and other people also make money from dirs through adsense that doesn't mean they all will be making click of their own. i respect Google adsense coz so many people in this world are earning their living by adsense only. So i would suggest you guys to stop this Thread and take a pledge not to cheat Google adsense :)

westhaven, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably because Imran's site was the topic of this thread, but that is just a guess.

One would hope so...You would think with the way people run around here claimin they get banned for no reason though, that people who do things like cloaking and such would be banned right away too right? Except it never happens. Regardless, cheaters cost everyone in the adsense program. It costs me, it costs you and it scares off advertisers. It is very bad for the program. There should be a zero-tolerance attitude from publishers not a c'est la vie live-and-let-live.

Who is worried?

Nobody said anything about anyone clicking on their own ads.

No and Yes!

aeiouy, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  7. flawebworks

Best Answers:
    =======
    ads.htm? files? I searched my entire home dir and Directory I did not find any ads.htm or ads_002 or 003 as you mentioned? whats going on here?
    What I have in home dire is adimage.htm which was intented to be alternate url but never used?
    =======

Well , duh. That's because you removed them when you realized you got caught. Now, you're backpedaling
    trying to cover your butt.

=======
    I will tell you one thing I can also make pages as you have made on your own as you said you edited them in DreamWeaver!
    ========

I didn't make those pages. I simply did a save as your site and downloaded the files to a folder, and opened them in Dreamweaver I haven't
    altered the files at all except to paste the code. I was simply curious while
    reading the other thread.

========
    Its like you guys know nothing, just trying to stick to one mentality and trying to prove me wrong, when I'm not!
    ========

As I said: I was simply curious. If you hadn't said anything about your so-called publisher honesty, I never would have said a word. I don't have
    an adwords account; never have - I don't get involved in the various adwords discussions that happen.

========
    You ask me 1000 times and I reply you 100000 times There was no violation of "TOS" ads were invoked by site in the mainpage with meso domain I removed them there were totally 5 of them!
    ========

Oh, OK. So I can send that zip file to google, explain my curiosity on how the page was done, and ask if it's legal and can I do it then. I'm sure they'll reply that it's fine to do and please go ahead
    and do it. They're good about answering this
    kind of question. Take note that your domains are plastered across the top of the page....

========
    EDIT: WOW where di you get these files from? You are such an editor? You are really a great coder, showads.htm? you made that? How did you made that on?
    ========

As I stated before: After reading the thread on August 25th; I went to your site to see what the guy was talking about with the
    UA string change. LIke one of the posters; I didn't see anything after changing the UA. So I decided to download the files. SImple. I then opened IE,
    did a save as on the home page and wala! There were your files. I never expected such a treasure trove.

Actually; I'm not a coder at all. Never professed to be. Any page you download in IE will download the css; and the showads file that's created with a google ad when a file is downloaded if someone
    has javascript or external javascript and image files that are attached to the page that is downloaded too.
    Only difference is: if the downloaded page is opened locally in a browser; one gets PSAs (read that carefully and absorb it) because the google
    adsense bot hasn't crawled it yet. Think about it. When I opened your index page locally; I got your hard coded google ads, as I do if I simply open one of the attached
    ads*.htm files. On the regular ads - the ones
    you want the adsense bot to see, I got psas like I should. Attachment included. I can assure you that I cannot create code that will essentially draw a lil 'ol google ad.

=======
    I can giev ftp access to any one who want to access the site? and dir? and search for them selves? there is no such file?
    I want a clear explanation from this?
    Thanks!
    ========

Well sure you can! You've deleted the files. But I bet I'd get a different story out of your host if
    I requested they look at the last backup of your site on Aug 25 at around 10.

Attached Files:

• demo.jpg
      demo.jpg
      File size:
      67.2 KB
      Views:
  8. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    Some speculate that Google has their own private version of the wayback machine designed just for internal use and should easily be able to verify such information.

As for changing the UA in IE or Firefox, Opera or others, use proxomitron, it will allow you to manipulate any information you deliver (a must for discovering what is really going on!). Simply install it, point your browser to use proxy at 127.0.0.1 and away you go.

With this, you'll find many sites doing things you never dreamed of.

TooHappy, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  9. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont have time to go through your entire post, but I will put some light on that attachment kid, The directory is based on frames and the one you are pointing at is one frameset.
    I hope you continue to prove me wrong. But you will never ever in your entire life succeed becuase lies never succeed!
    Cyah Thanks!

Imran, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  10. flawebworks

Best Answers:
    Yes; there are iframes you had conveniently inserted for your hardcoded meso ads.....but the cplinks directory itself is not based on frames. And, again - read carefully. If the
    google ad was not hardcoded to come up as a meso ad; I would not see the ad as a meso ad. I would see it as a PSA in a browser I've opened locally.

Try again. You were violating the TOS. Maybe not by cloaking, as it were but definitely a cheat.

Your ad code :(Regular google ad code)

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-xxx";
    google_ad_width = 468;
    google_ad_height = 60;
    google_ad_format = "468x60_as";
    google_ad_type = "text_image";
    google_ad_channel ="";
    google_color_border = "FFFFFF";
    google_color_bg = "FFFFFF";
    google_color_link = "000000";
    google_color_url = "333333";
    google_color_text = "000000";
    //--></script>
    Code (markup):

Right below the reference to your hardcoded google ad:

<script type="text/javascript" src="digitalseo%20-%20Free%20Directory_files/show_ads">
    </script><iframe name="google_ads_frame" src="digitalseo%20-%20Free%20Directory_files/ads.htm" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" height="60" scrolling="no" width="468">&lt;img&gt;</iframe><br>This is a Free Ad Based, Manned Web Directory!</td>
        </tr>
    Code (markup):

Google code for frames, not what you have now, and oh! google doesn't say anything about pointing to another url much less an ad off of your server:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-xxxx";
    google_ad_width = 728;
    google_ad_height = 90;
    google_ad_format = "728x90_as";
    google_ad_type = "text";
    google_ad_channel ="";
    google_page_url = document.location;
    //--></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    Code (markup):
    </script>[/CODE]

What is the 'Framed page' checkbox?
    https://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=9998

Select the 'Framed page' checkbox if you will be placing your ad code on a page that uses frames. Selecting this option will tell our crawlers to gather content from the appropriate frame, thereby enabling us to serve relevant ads. Please note that your ad code must be included in the same frame as your page's main content in order for our system to display relevant ads.

Program policy states:

Alternate Ads
    https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

If you have elected to receive contextually-targeted ads, you can make sure that your advertising space is always being used effectively, either by targeted Google ads, or by your own choice of content by specifying an image or ad server of your choice. However, you may not specify Google ads as your alternate ads.

Code Modification

Any AdSense ad code or search box code must be pasted directly into Web pages without modification*. AdSense participants are not allowed to alter any portion of the ad code or change the layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason.

*refer to ads.htm, ads_002.htm and ads_003.htm in the zip file if it's not clear to you.

11. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did not modify any of the code man?
    Whats wrong with you?
    I dont know where you got these ads*.htm files from, Trust me I did not place them any where!
    And did you ask my permission before pasting my google ad code here?
    Can mods please take that code out of there please!
    Please Thanks!

Im sick of explaing there was no illegal or break of TOS you created some pages on your own and trying to blame me!

ask your own heart you will get the answer!
    Why are you doing this? What you will get?

Why dont you do your work? update your sites? some work? other then troubling me? here posting my code, discussing on my site, for no reason.

The thread was started some where and reached some where!
    I cannot tolerate people modifying or putting my code, it shows their intentions really!

ads*.htm files are your files! 100% you coded them and putting blame on me! You know it, I dont need to explain.
    Lets leave it here If you think m wrong go report it to adsense team, If they find that I have broken any TOS let them kick me out of the program, I know I have not done so!

Thanks!

Imran, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  12. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi flawebworks,
    First of all I'm not talking for Imran. But the point you are accusing Imran can be proved to be completely wrong.

Just try to save this forum page. You will see same ads.htm and ads_002.htm when opened in dreamweaver. Does that imply Dp is also cheating ?

This is google's own ad delivering technology and when you save pages, ads are saved as ads.htm and ads_00x.htm based on the number of ads you have on page.

Also you will find its on Iframe.

Just my observations.

Tuning, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  13. flawebworks

Best Answers:
    THe only references to ads*.htm I see at a glance after downloading this page in either ie or mozilla is are written by the posters. Haven't looked in firefox nor at the js files - don't have time, although a quick search in the download folder doesn't show any reference in the coding at all.

Will look later.

14. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks Tuning,

I'm just curious to see whether they'll appologize for the shit they've been throwing around. This is so pathetic!

Hey aeiouy and flawebworks,

It is becoming more clear by the minute. Just tell me one thing:

IF you are proven wrong, and it becomes like... overwhelming, will you fuck*ng appologize, or you have no intentions at all?

spdude, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  15. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    It's all becoming so clear now!

TooHappy, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter what is or is not in existance... When I checked the site and first mentioned it here, it was CLEARLY showing known high-paying keyword ads with no relevant text anywhere on the site. That point is witnessed and attested to by multiple people here.

The rest of it doesn't matter.

aeiouy, Aug 27, 2005 IP
  17. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL... The site's "CLEARLY showing known high-paying keyword ads with no relevant text anywhere on the site" was taken by you to be BECAUSE OF CLOAKING

This is what matters, and it has been proven wrong. So are you going to appologize?

spdude, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  18. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny.. I don't see where it was proven wrong...

The letters MESO did not exist on the page when it was initially posted about. Nothing in the entire source code of the page had anything to do with meso, cancer or anything else. It had 7 ad spots with meso ads in it.

So again, tell me where that was proven wrong, and what exactly is your agenda?

aeiouy, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  19. spdude

spdude Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not going to reply to this...

spdude, Aug 28, 2005 IP
  20. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You just did.

aeiouy, Aug 28, 2005 IP