1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality of writers on Digital Point

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by wacontentcreator, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't bother, on his website it says that he just takes the content from a bunch of article directories. :S

Wulkanen, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  2. Kris Reid

Kris Reid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for posting the error. Out hosting is upgrading our box and I guess you were unlucky trying to create an account as they were moving the mail.

We should be catching the exception any way which I'll have fixed now.

Cheers

Kris

Kris Reid, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  3. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Still seeing an error, although I did manage to log in.

Can't see any way to simply generate a test piece of content - it seems to need me to hand over FTP login details for a website.

So I can't report on the quality of the content.

It might be easier if you were just to post up a short article for us to take a look at.

PassGoSEO, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  4. jennifer.koebele

jennifer.koebele Member

Best Answers:
    I think there are many talented writers on DP. Unfortunately there are too many buyers who will not pay more than a penny a word- which attracts people who are willing to work at such a rate. :(

jennifer.koebele, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%, I read like 5-6 new sites everyday they have gotten horrible.. small blurbs full of blatant mistakes.

I know a couple of people that work for the local ones and the news companies are broke-bankrupt and going under they get collage kids to write for free or min wage and are expected to churn out dozens of articles a day.

When writers carry on about how valuable the skill is it just makes me think "from who..?" writing is labor and people have cut labor costs, many times to the point of getting it from 3rd world countries or for free.

averyz, Dec 18, 2012 IP
  6. sandarr

sandarr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In answer to your question, this place was not always like this. It used to be you could find writing work at fair rates. Then the change happened slowly, with writers offering to write 500 words for $1, $2, or whatever, which in the U.S. it isn

sandarr, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  7. andrei10

andrei10 Member

Best Answers:
    When I first signed up for DP I found some good writers here willing to work and invest their skill in my website. But recently it's almost impossible to find a good one altought you want to pay more than the avg. of 1 cent per word.
    Also, you need to be very careful and not hire a writer that outsource. Some of them are like sharks.
    I think DP should filter and ban those thiefs that lie about their origins and make you lose your time with them. Finding a good writer on DP is nowdays like a pain in the ass. I think I'll reschedule my time and start writting myself again.

andrei10, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  8. jimwriter

jimwriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I fully agree with you that hiring writers who later outsource is a bad idea. In such scenarios, this is what usually happens. You pay 10$ for a 400 word article to a certain writer who outsources and pays his "writer" 5$. This translates to low quality work since there is 5$ which is not accounted for (in writing).
    In writing, payment is typically proportional to quality. Pay well, get high quality but pay less, get low quality. Here is the summarized law of writing;

You also talked about origin affecting the quality of work :confused:. Frankly speaking, I am a Kenyan and English is my second language but this does not mean my work is of low quality. As I always indicate, there are many non-natives out there who can write way better than the natives.

jimwriter, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  9. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This has happened to me a lot on DP, I would hire a writer the articles would be ok then the next batch would be from a whole other writer and worthless.

averyz, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  10. Kris Reid

Kris Reid Active Member

Best Answers:
    What error are you seeing?

FTP details are required as the system generates the content, to a style that matches your website and then uploads it to your web server.
    If you have security issues you can always create a 2nd ftp account that only has access to the directory that you want the content uploaded to.

I appreciate your feedback

Kris

Kris Reid, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  11. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    When I try to create an account I get:-

[h=2]HTTP ERROR 500[/h]Problem accessing /app/register. Reason:

org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the following server failed : mail.ardorcontent.com:25
    [h=3]Caused by:[/h]
    java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the following server failed : mail.ardorcontent.com:25 at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:296) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:268) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.sendVerification(EmailServiceImpl.java:114) at com.ardor.web.servlet.RegisterServlet.doPost(RegisterServlet.java:160) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:558) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:488) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:233) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:973) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:417) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:907) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:346) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:442) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:941) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:801) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:586) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:44) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)Caused by: org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the following server failed : mail.ardorcontent.com:25 at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1242) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(Email.java:1267) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:294) ... 27 moreCaused by: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:798) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:720) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:660) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:640) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:697) at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:192) at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1232) ... 29 more
    org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the following server failed : mail.ardorcontent.com:25 at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1242) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(Email.java:1267) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:294) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:268) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.sendVerification(EmailServiceImpl.java:114) at com.ardor.web.servlet.RegisterServlet.doPost(RegisterServlet.java:160) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:558) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:488) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:233) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:973) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:417) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:907) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:346) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:442) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:941) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:801) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:586) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:44) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)Caused by: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:798) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:720) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:660) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:640) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:697) at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:192) at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1232) ... 29 more
    javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:798) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:720) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:660) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:640) at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:697) at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:192) at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.sendMimeMessage(Email.java:1232) at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.send(Email.java:1267) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:294) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.send(EmailServiceImpl.java:268) at com.ardor.email.internal.EmailServiceImpl.sendVerification(EmailServiceImpl.java:114) at com.ardor.web.servlet.RegisterServlet.doPost(RegisterServlet.java:160) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:755) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:848) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:558) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:488) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:233) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:973) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:417) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:192) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:907) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:346) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:442) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:941) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:801) at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:586) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:44) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)As for providing FTP details to one of my web servers - thanks but no thanks. I suspect that without any way for people to evaluate the content (eg by you supplying some examples here) you might find it a bit of an uphill struggle.

PassGoSEO, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  12. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    PS as for supplying FTP details to one of my servers to some bloke on a forum.. thanks but no thanks. I suspect that without any way for people to evaluate the quality of the content (eg supplying some examples here), you may find it a bit of an uphill struggle.

PassGoSEO, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  13. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think some of the folks providing quality samples and following-up with garbage are not always subbing out the work. I've seen a few cases where it was the samples that were written by someone else in the age-old game of bait and switch.

Prices have gotten so low that many buyers here think paying $5-10 for 500 words is paying "a professional rate". Despite Google continually dinging sites with low-quality content, there are still plenty here who ascribe to the he who has the most words on their sites wins theory. Many of those folks show up later whining on the Adsense forum that they're not making any money. Darn, hate when that happens. :D

YMC, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  14. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    It's probably an education thing YMC.

There's so much disinformation out there (typically from people pimping products) that a newbie probably has no idea what is real and what isn't, no matter how obvious it seems to us.

The latest changes though have been so huge, even the hopeful newbs should notice (there won't be any 'honeymoon' for new sites anymore...the benefit is... no longer in doubt!).

PassGoSEO, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  15. Kris Reid

Kris Reid Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much for letting me know. The issue has now been resolved

Cheers

Kris

Kris Reid, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  16. Linktub

Linktub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Asking to have a look at someone's portfolio is the quickest way to gauge their quality.

Linktub, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  17. Kris Reid

Kris Reid Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand that some people may have some reservations about supplying FTP details. This certainly would be an elaborate if it were :)
    You can always create a 2nd FTP account for your server that has limited access to the directory that you want the content generated to.

After all that is the advantage of our system. It generates the content and uploads it which allows you to automate the process

As to some examples of content, these entire websites are generate with our system
    http://www.modelviewcontroller.com/
    http://www.carinsuranceforteens.net/
    http://www.life-insurance-rates.com/

And they are all generating adsense $$$

Kris Reid, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  18. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    As I said, don't mean to be insulting, but giving you FTP details to one of my servers would be like handing my wallet to a stranger in a toilet. Once you have them, even if it has 'limited access', you can upload whatever you like, and then it's a question of 'how secure is the basic server setup'. Script kiddies thrive on uploading innocuous stuff to 'safe' folders. So no ta.

Rather more importantly, I've run the first page of your first demo site through passgo, and I'm afraid it doesn't pass Google, so bit of a waste of time I'm afraid. The main problems are sentence structure, and the bad spinning.

Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 08.11.30.jpg

The life insurance one is even worse - it's duplicate content, and gets close to zero score.

Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 08.17.38.jpg
    The worst offending duplicate Google already knows about is at http://www.helium.com/knowledge/top...g-bankruptcy-affects-your-life-insurance-rate

sorry to be so negative, but that's the reality of the web nowadays. Pass Google, or *&^& off.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    PassGoSEO, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  19. Kris Reid

Kris Reid Active Member

Best Answers:
    We are just finishing our 3rd year of building backlinks from our main website ArdorBacklinks.com. We wouldn't want to damage our reputation for trashing your website or anyone else's. How would we profit form that?
    We have been building a trusted brand name and we certainly would not do anything to endanger it. :)

Happy new year

Kris Reid, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  20. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    Happy New Year to you too. I'm not saying you are in any way 'disreputable'. I'm sure you're a fine upstanding individual with great morals. What I AM saying is that in general, giving a stranger access to your servers is incredibly naive. How about YOU give me access to your server? Just post the FTP details here and I'll upload some free content for you.

You have also missed the main point - the content you are offering doesn't appear to pass Google. Some of it is painfully spun, some of it is simple dupe content, as the screen shots above show.

Uploading shite content to your website is just about the fastest way to 'trash your website' that exists.

here's another example from http://www.life-insurance-rates.com/ - NONE of this stuff passes Google - sorry.

Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 09.05.00.jpg

PassGoSEO, Dec 31, 2012 IP