1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality articles for peanuts? are they serious?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by JulieDavies, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Yuuko008

Yuuko008 Member

Best Answers:
    Well i prefer that you go to a "reputable" writer. But the articles on a cheap price maybe possible for some circumstances.

1.] The writer must be a beginner and looking for some portfolio / experience.

2.] The writer really needs some money.

Although please take note that, "You get what you pay for".

Yuuko008, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Many people that claim to be "native English writers" are really just using a proxy and an English name like Jane Smith. They live as native English writers online but they still enjoy the cheaper cost of living in other countries like India and Asia.

averyz, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  3. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't even a corner of the SEO market. I doubt DP is destroying a million-dollar market.

Yes. Either they suck at writing, they suck at marketing or they suck at running a real business.

This is partially true. If you know what you're doing, you don't start for peanuts. I just started a sale (full disclosure and all that) for articles at the same rate I started at. What I failed to mention in that thread is that my rates were $30 per article at the time. I offered them at 50 percent off to get my business rolling online. It's all in your marketing and business plan. The market on DP does not dictate a successful business.

Everyone read this again. It's the the best thing written in here to date.

Um, no. I'm sorry you felt this was true, but there is no reason anyone needs to start out at $1 per article. Learn the business before jumping in. It's like anything else, if you plan and educate yourself before entering the market, you'll do much, much better in the long term.

I wonder if you got slammed with unsolicited PMs after this post. $25 per article! Oh my! Maybe he'll hire me if I spam him with my poorly written details!

internetauthor, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  4. vishals

vishals Active Member

Best Answers:
    >> Originally Posted by BetterBuiltCraftsman

> I wonder if you got slammed with unsolicited PMs after this post. $25 per article! Oh my! Maybe he'll hire me if I spam him with my poorly written details!

It's a throwaway account, made to post that very comment. Somebody's idea of sarcasm I suppose.

vishals, Dec 7, 2010 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol this place is a circus.

averyz, Dec 8, 2010 IP
  6. Swordpen

Swordpen Peon

Best Answers:
    Since the creation of the internet, America lost it's borders. Being the most fertile ground for earning money it attracts every marketer who knows English.

Swordpen, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  7. Puffy

Puffy Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with your point of view totally. And the most interesting thing is that such clients want at least five articles per day and every day. I am wondering if they have ever tried how hard this could be to write under different topics every day?

Puffy, Dec 17, 2010 IP
  8. vishals

vishals Active Member

Best Answers:
    You really sold your service at a very low price. Odesk and freelance are filled with cheap offers ( $1 per 50 0 word articles), and there are a LOT of Filipinos on there who have their hourly wage set at $1.1 per hour ( this is on odesk). But there are some good job too - for example I got a job that paid $1 per 100 words to rewrite legal case histories. Those are complicated cases, so I was effectively working at $4.5 ( after odesk's cut) per hour, which was too low for me. I also got a $5.5 per hour rewriting job from Elance. And now I target jobs where I can earn closer to $10 an hour.

The advantage of DP is that there is a lot of turnover - it is a very active market. I personally like the activity more than jobs - for me its a hangout, so it suits me to get work here. That I got the highest paying client ( by hourly rate), is just another plus. Another thing I like here is that I do not have to pay a 8-10% cut to some other site, which is what happens on Elance etc.

I suppose the difference between you and me was that I was never in serious need of money, so I never had to work for the really cheap projects. At the end of the day, that is what matters - you should know what is your minimum wage at which you will work, and when you do not get projects at or above that rate, just say NO. Do something else, email your old clients for jobs, write a Associated Content article, or create a Hubpage. Search for other job markets. I take a low paying job only when I am getting a new client, and that too for only a few articles, which I then take as an opportunity to prove that I can write well. ( That I work under an Indian name has its disadvantages).

Caveat If you think $10 per hour is nothing to brag about, I agree with you. I am just sharing a story that began at half that, and I hope to continue the story to double and more than that!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    vishals, Dec 17, 2010 IP