1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

QUALITY ARTICLES at $10

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by keatsian, Dec 10, 2006.

Quality articles at $ 10 for 500 words.

Hi, I can write quality article and deliver good content. Written several artilces for DP members.
    What difference I can make:
    As a Copy Writer(by profession), I can create articles without cliches, copied materials and hackneyed phrases.

keatsian, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  2. technoguy

technoguy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Article database with more than 100000 articles for 15$ only. Sql format - 256 MB , zip file 80 MB

thanks

technoguy, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  3. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    And why don't you open your own thread instead of trashing this?

Pat Gael, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  4. thetrendmaster

thetrendmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Because he's new. :D Leave the newbies alone. :rolleyes:

I'm kidding. I'm new too. You don't see me trashing any threads! :p
    Go get your own thread, Technoguy.

thetrendmaster, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  5. Overseas

Overseas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    K - pm me details of a couple you have written - i may take a few - thanks

Overseas, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  6. matt-baker

matt-baker Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally if I was now looking to employ a copywriter, I'm sorry to say that you wouldn't be receiving any job offers from me. You are located in India so immediately you are at a disadvantage, you should be making more effort than you are already if you genuinely want to secure work.

Start off by using correct grammar and checking your spellings. What the hell are artilces?

I don't want to come across as a dick but $10 for 500 words is relatively high. You just don't seem capable of providing the quality I would expect for such a rate. I have paid less than half of what you are asking for 1000 word articles from native English speakers.

matt-baker, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  7. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    $5 for 1000 words article from native English speaker ? And where the are located ? in UK ? Also me too don't want to come across as a dick but it seems copywriting for less than 0.005 is a way to poverty. $10 for 500 words article sounds MORE than reasonable!!!

Can't imagine native english speaker working for less than that??!! In Russia going rate for general freelancer who writes in russian is $3 to $10 for 1000 symbols (not words). And you speaking about native english copywriters who surely charge more than that.

SEOLinker, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  8. newrhodes

newrhodes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any references you'd care to share?

newrhodes, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  9. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    newrhodes, will be better if he'll paste this articles right in this thread. I also want to look.

P.S. I am not a native speaker.

10. matt-baker

matt-baker Guest

Best Answers:
    You can find a lot of people on RAC who are just starting out who are more than happy to take on the work for a small rate.

Can I just clarify that my above post is a result of my own personal experiences. I am not saying that you should be expected to charge the same :)

11. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Matt, I am also located on RAC and not doing copywriting, but will be better cleaning closets than writing for such rate:) You can find me in top 200 all the time, probably in top 150 on RAC. My strategy was not to work for nothing:) Also when I choose someone cheapest is not an option 99% all time. I don't like to work with people who don't respect themselvs.

Please post some examples of this articles here or in PM, if they are so good I will give them work, but probably they charge more already.

jhmattern likes this.
  12. matt-baker

matt-baker Guest

Best Answers:
    Check your PM for an example article that I paid just $3 for. Unfortunately I will not be able to point you in the direction of the original author as they are no longer accepting work.

Can I please point out again that I am not saying $3 per article is what should be expected. I am saying that it is possible to get quality content for such a price, and I think that a non-native speaker like keatsian should present himself in a more professional manner if we wants to secure work for his named price.

13. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    About keatsian I agree with you. Also I see that "we don't accept work anymore" or just not reply or any other reasons. Almost always it's why they full of orders (because of low price) which they can't complete within deadline and quality.

14. matt-baker

matt-baker Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, and I totally agree. It would be impossible to maintain such a standard for that price.

15. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to come across as a dick (not that that's possible!), but $10 for 500 words is ANYTHING but high. :p It's actually the going rate sweatshop writers all across the world are charging. And we all know how much quality they're capable of producing.
    Then again, we're probably looking at different markets. In the professional world - where the real writing happens - you wouldn't find anyone accepting a rate even close to $0.02/w. I'm not trying to throw a damper on Keatsian's credibility, but you do get what you pay for. And if you think you've gotten a good article for that much money, you probably haven't seen a great one before. :D

I do agree with what you're saying about punctuation though. Your pitch, if anything, is what potential clients gather their first impression through - so it's important to make sure you sound professional and capable of actually constructing a proper sentence.

highflyer, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  16. matt-baker

matt-baker Guest

Best Answers:
    I am clearly inexperienced in this field so I thank you all. My post was based solely on personal experience. I guess I was just lucky!

17. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    High five, Zainie :) You are absolutely correct. I am not bad-mouthing those who choose to work for pennies per word, but if they are trying to pass themselves off as professionals I'd be quite wary of the quality they are able to produce. As Zainie mentioned, when you move from the sweatshop market to the professional market, you won't find any writers charging .02 cents per word -- they don't have to, and the quality of their work reflects that.

DeniseJ, Dec 11, 2006 IP
  18. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its in the wrong board anyway....

Notting, Dec 16, 2006 IP