1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Qualities of Good Content Writer?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zohaib, Jun 26, 2007.

Hello Everyone!!

What do you people think should be the qualities of a good content writer or how to become one?

Thanks in advance.

Zohaib, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  2. xohaib

xohaib Peon

Best Answers:
    To become a good content writer you need a strong command over the English language. Besides that, you need a lot of practice, loads of reading and heavy self study. It takes time and patience to learn to play with words and bring out the best of content.

xohaib, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. supermario

supermario Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some good qualities of a good content writer may be:

All the content which he writes should be properly formatted with proper grammer to be kept in mind..

It should be absolutely unique...(not found anywhere on the internet.)

All the content which he writes should be an research and development work i.e first research should be made properly on the topic of concern..so that you know something about that topic and then you should start writing about it.

Also a good content writer should deliver the content well in time, at the time which he has committed to his client...the time should be as low as possible...

These were some of the qualities of good content writer...hope this helps :)and also would like to hear some more too from other people;)...

supermario, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  4. Zohaib

Zohaib Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your efforts xohaib and supermario. More tips are welcome.

Zohaib, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  5. Philvault

Philvault Active Member

Best Answers:
    A good writer should ask the clients' specific requirements. A good writer produces articles in quality never in quantity.

Philvault, Jun 27, 2007 IP
  6. YoungSmeagol

YoungSmeagol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I look for in a content writer is someone who can write a natural sounding article. I want it to sound like I'm talking casually with the reader.

I generally need an easy to read article that readers can quickly get information from. However, way too many content writers try to write excessively wordy content. They are trying to impress the reader instead of getting to the point.

What I'm sayings isn't anything new. Ken Evoy has been saying this for years.
    If you really want to become a great content writer then I suggest you read Make your Content Pre-sell. This Free book will show you how to write good web content. Just go directly to the section about writing content.

The next big thing is Grammar. A few spelling errors don't really bother me that much. However, I don't like having to re-write articles because of excessive grammar and sentence structure errors.

It all depends on how much they charge. If I can get a real expert in a particular field to write an article for the same price then there's no point in me paying extra for "research and development".

YoungSmeagol, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  7. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good English! Spelling and grammar! This is the basic!!

anyways, the important part is, keyword dencity! the key phraze you are targeting, not too much optimize but should taken care of keyword in the content.

should not be a copy, not even my mistake, write it on your own over a period of time, take a day to write a page, that will really help!! bring out the creativity, etc!!:)

uttoransen, Jul 4, 2007 IP
  8. anthonyn

anthonyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, good english is the first criteria for a writer. Secondly, you should have knowledge of the subject.Also try to cater to his specific need and dont beat behind the bush.

anthonyn, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  9. Analyst

Analyst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A Good content writer in my opinion is one who has:

1- Good Content Knowledge along with the knowledge of related categories, topics etc.

2- Creativity

3- Command over English with excellent writing style

4- Impressive vocabulary

5- Ability to meet deadlines

6- Sense of responsiblity, i.e. not palgiarising, trying best to fulfil the clients' needs etc.

This is what I can recall right now, I'll be content to see further additions.

Analyst, Jul 6, 2007 IP
  10. enigmatic9

enigmatic9 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should have posted this question in a different section.

You need an excllent command over grammar and have an indepth knowledge of the subject on which you are writing.

Improvise on your work and begin networking.

There is no point you being a good writer and still not reach out to prospective clients!

enigmatic9, Jul 7, 2007 IP
  11. AA_Shah

AA_Shah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to write well first read well n you'll learn all writing skills automatically. so in order to become a quality writer first read the quallity writings

AA_Shah, Jan 20, 2010 IP