1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quadrupled my CTR thanks to DP members.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Critters, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    Day 3 and my numbers are still kicking butt.

I've nearly tripled my numbers!

If these numbers continue to hold up, adsense will finally be a very nice monthly income for my site.

matty dread, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  2. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    matty dread, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  3. Set

Set Peon

Best Answers:
    The second is exactly the same scheme as your first one. The only problem for your page you have little adds. I was unable to get it display 4 ads, only 3 or 2. But still with your design looks quite well, perhaps because images are large.

So my comment on this technique: use large images, this way, even if you make them far away from the ads the effect will still hold on :)

Hehe, SEO friendly domain name attempt? :D

Set, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  4. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    Another record day!

Adding the images has given amazing results. I'm blown away!

matty dread, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  5. coxis

coxis Peon

Best Answers:
    This image thing is over for me, i think the earning is back to low also with images :(

coxis, Aug 27, 2006 IP
  6. RakkyDSM

RakkyDSM Peon

Best Answers:
    It's totally random what ads come up under what pictures. I just threw some images that were relevant to my gopc.com site in the "aproximate" locations where the ads will pop up.

Low and behold, some of them are spot on with the ads. Worked out pretty well, but as for them being TOO relevant... Total LUCK!

Also, I did write Adsense and ask them about the images and they said it was okay under the TOS and didn't mention anything about borders or bars or lines or anything.

I'm trying to incorporate this technique in all my sites now. I did see my cluck through rates got up. It's obvious this works.

RD

RakkyDSM, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  7. Juan G

Juan G Peon

Best Answers:
    There must be a misunderstanding. Currently, they always request any kind of visible border to differentiate between ad and image areas, for example the ads as a rectangle of different background color, or with a separation line, etc.

Also, the images are OK if they illustrate the page topic in a general way, but not if they are too product or brand specific, since a very specific product is not guaranteed to appear in the ads.

Juan G, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  8. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder what Google has to say about advertising to chickens? :p

(Sorry I couldn't resist!)

Crusader, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  9. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the good tip

Franck S, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  10. RakkyDSM

RakkyDSM Peon

Best Answers:
    ROTFLMAO!!! I didn't catch that. Too funny!

Seriously though, I understand that the issue with borders is if you edit the code to remove the borders. It's okay to blend them to the back ground but NEVER to blend text or the "Google ads" references to the background.

Similar ads on Equitey.com for instance... no borders, blended bacground and even tucked into text sections. No issues there.

Note the use of the small images above the ads there as well. Differernt than what's on the GoPC site but same idea.

Yes, the images do need to be relevant to the site and content, rather than the ads... but in the case of GoPC.com, they certainly are. The fact that the ads are SO relevant to the images is that I saved the page names specifc to the kinds of ads I wanted displayed for the content on that particular page. From there, it's completely random as far as what ads actually come up under what pics. Just go lucky I guess.

That Equitey Site has the some thing going on... generic "home" images that fit nicely with a large variety of constantly random ads.

Seems to work :)

Rakky!

RakkyDSM, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  11. coolcow

coolcow Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a very good idea to me . I have a car forum and I want to display my member's rides beside a medium rectangle. Is this safe to do, misleading or not?. :) Thanks

Attached Files:

coolcow, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  12. Mahumba

Mahumba Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. I think I may start redoing some of my pages. My site is a mess right now and still plugging away at it. It's hard finding time to complete stuff. I live way back in the bush and am stuck with dial up...... Someone please hold me.

But I will try fooling around with the adsense placement. By the way this is my first post here and I really like what I'm seeing with all the info!

Roger

Mahumba, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  13. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO, that looks fine - plenty of space (and borders) around the ads.

MTbiker, Sep 20, 2006 IP
  14. Strafe

Strafe Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have the code to display the images in proportion with the proper columns to be in line with the ads?

Strafe, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  15. AtanasYanev

AtanasYanev Active Member

Best Answers:
    Noone can tell you exactly how many ads will be there, so its not possible to adjust the images to fit exactly next to the ads :)

AtanasYanev, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  16. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney has a tool for adding pics to Adsense code.

Rod, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  17. seoindiaweb

seoindiaweb Banned

Best Answers:
    Lol... shhhhhhhh dont tell to anyone shoemoney will bite you:D

seoindiaweb, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
  19. Set

Set Peon

Best Answers:
    This technique is working! I have chosen one page I could apply this technique to, and after many days of experimenting I finally got this to work.

I had one page with fun pictures and some flash animations. When I had table with links to pictures and above it adsense leaderboard, adsense click where sporadical about 1%ctr maybe 2 (hard to tell since I have low traffic). When I added thumbnails with those pics and placed them above links to the pics, then adsense ctr dropped to 0%. No-one was clicking on the ads anymore, only on thumbnails to the images and flash.

So, I got rid of thumbails from the table and left only text link, but above the leaderboard I place now 4 random thumbnails (wrote simple php script that choose randomly 4 thumbnails and ensures there are no duplicates among them). Leaderboard has a border, it always had on that page, yet people are clicking ads like crazy. 1st day it was 8% ctr for this particular page, next two days it stayed 6%!

I hope these numbers keep up. :) Pity only I had such low traffic. :(

Set, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  20. Set

Set Peon

Best Answers:
    It stopped working... Past 1000 visits I've got almost no clicks. I don't understand it... :(

I would probably need much higher volume of traffic for the stats to be reliable.

Set, Oct 2, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.