1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

QeStiOn

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Guru, Dec 5, 2005.

I need to know if it is possible to add adsense ads to a skin other than subsilver for phpbb without doing it in the making of the skin, just like after you download a custome skin.

If there is please tell me my sites getting like 200-300 hits a day and theres no adsense on it...:(

I was wondering if anyone knew the answer. Can I add adsense ads to a phpbb skin that I downloaded on the computer?

O ya a few more quick Q's
    1. When I open notepad and try and open a .tpl file from my skin I can't even see the files..where can I open .tpl files?
    2. Are there any files that have something on the sidebar so you can add adsense there?

Guru, Dec 5, 2005 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  2. pixeldigger

pixeldigger Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll need to do it in the TPL files.

I could probably fix a few for you cheap if you'd like.

Shoot me a PM

pixeldigger, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  3. unitechy

unitechy Peon

Best Answers:
    i too wondered!
I've a phpbb forum board! Only sub-silver templete is available!
I want to know how can i change my sites theme!
I had downloaded a theme on drupal.org and uploaded it on my theme directory through ftp!
But that doesn't works!

unitechy, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  4. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Drupal isn't phpbb, go to phpbb.com for templates.

mdvaldosta, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  5. unitechy

unitechy Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for replying..

unitechy, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly. It depends, of course, on where you want the ads to appear but in most cases that will be in {forum root directory}\templates\{template_name}overall_header.tpl - to put it at the top, add it under the logo, etc.; to put it in a side column, you'll need to add it into a new <td>... </td>.

:confused:
    Assuming you are working on the local copy (not live on the server), if the file is blank in notepad you probably have a corrupted file.

If you see "garbage characters", it probably means you need to identify .tpl files as text for your FTP program.

Or do you mean how do you FIND those files? Look in {forum root directory}\templates\{template_name}.

Not by default. See my comment above about adding in an extra column using <td>... </td>.

minstrel, Dec 12, 2005 IP