1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Qadabra.com popup virus, is there any other ones who got infected?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by metros, Apr 11, 2014.

1. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard about Qadabra before. May be the virus is a part of marketing strategy to sell other apps (antivirus) :)

tamaras, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  2. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    after 13th my earnings reduced by 95% . i am planning to leave them. i made pm here but no one replied. well i will make a email to them.

rajin, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  3. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your earning is reduced by 95% than this indicates that your website may be blocked in appnexus or rightmedia and unfortunately if that happens than you won't get better rate in any ad network because a good portion of ad network use appnexus and rightmedia and 95% of your traffic may be going to Qadabra partner who may be using these ad server.

aassociatehit, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  4. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well no effect on all other networks and i have temporarily removed their ads and gave that slot to other network.

rajin, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  5. lover1

lover1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I still have not got an answer why not show Qadabra ads on my site. Twice I contacted support via email , but even after 48 hours I have not received a response.

lover1, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  6. ehsanji

ehsanji Member

Best Answers:
    As mentioned by the official, they have got nothing to do with the malware/virus spreading ads. They are just a link between the advertiser and the publisher. However, they should do a manual check on all the ads that run through Qadabra's platform, as people will say things like 'Don't use Qadabra, they spread virus' Just for the sake of Qadabra's own reputation.

ehsanji, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  7. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. they pretty much killing their own reputation with those malicious stuff..
    AdSense known as n.1 advertiser & publisher network for 1 good reason, they protect both advertisers from bad sites & publishers from bad advertisers.
    This is why they will always be number one.

metros, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  8. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They do have to do with it, if you are running their ad tags, and you get malware/viruses - then its coming from them as far as you are concerned, and they are still liable to protect their publishers... unless they don't care (which is what it sounds like).

Most of the good networks don't allow that kind of garbage and to hear a network say they have nothing to do with it, mean while they do, they are the middle man facilitating the spread of malicious creatives...its disgusting.

But people will still use them cause they think they are going to make a lot of money.

wrekoniz3, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  9. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @wrekoniz3 yeah 1 left and 2 more joins their network and this is why many networks not care about the plight of publishers. as website owners its our responsibility to protect our visitors and as platform it is their responsibility to protect publishers >> all is about ethics but sadly world is driven by money.

rajin, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  10. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its unfortunately true. There aren't many networks out there which have the goal of being a good company.

wrekoniz3, Apr 24, 2014 IP
    metros likes this.
  11. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed.
    Let's see what the future will bring us.

metros, May 1, 2014 IP