1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Q: do you buy custom illustrations for your texts?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mole, Nov 29, 2013.

I'm just curious on how many do it. I've done it a few times and it really makes a difference in my point of view. But i guess it comes down to money. What would you be willing to pay for custom illustrations for your text?

mole, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  2. Prefixcontent

Prefixcontent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Being a designer as well as a copywriter, I usually create my own illustrations for my text and also other people's writing!

I think I prefer to create my own, but if I had to purchase one it totally depends on the size, complexity and detail of the illustration!

Prefixcontent, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  3. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few times I've bought stock photos for articles but I doubt that I'd ever commission illustrations or even buy them.

freelancewebaz, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  4. element01

element01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm actually in the process of purchasing a lot of illustrations for my blog (mostly concept products) that couldn't have been visualized any other way (I'm rubbish at designing).

At first I was getting quotes of $100-400 per illustration! Which I was considering, until I posted a job on elance.com and got them done for $30 a piece. I think I was lucky though, as you usually get what you pay for!

element01, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  5. mole

mole Member

Best Answers:
    so do you think they are worth 30 a piece? can you given an example?:D

mole, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  6. element01

element01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Generally, I think they are worth the money. I'd expect to pay $15-25 per hour, so as long as the illustrations looked like they had the right amount of time and effort spent on them - I'm happy (not always the case unfortunately).

I also ask for a layered .PSD and exclusive ownership rights of each illustration.

I'm afraid I can't show any examples yet :p

Do you have a portfolio? I'm always interested in finding new designers!

element01, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  7. mole

mole Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, I have a portfolio and I'm a designer eventhough the question was me as a web entrepreneur xD
    zwebdesign.se

mole, Dec 6, 2013 IP