1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pyramid Linking - a new way to build static, one way links for free

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mad4, Mar 8, 2006.

1. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    well, the program is pretty new so I would assume it's pretty normal, even though you might be first, that you don't have full links. There are certains category in which links seems to grow quite slowly and I think what would be great is if we could have the list of currently available links in our category or at least a number so we can get somemore backlink or whatever.

What I think would be awesome is a reciprocal system. You need to have a double-match before a recriprocal link is automatically added on your partner page.

Another interesting thing would be to allow us to sort our affiliates in a specific order. If we think there's one people might want to get to more than certain others, we would put them into that order. (note that this idea is only if links aren't static anymore)

tomzx, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  2. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Out of 14 backlinks, I only have one listed that does not actully have a link to me. Not bad since I set it and forgot it. Now I have to recip back to these people before I lose um. :)

Good luck, hope you succeed.

noppid, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  3. netmarketing

netmarketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I advertised it a little and had great results. It's so nice to just gain links by adding refferals :)

You will succed ;)

netmarketing, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  4. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Going back to the first post of the thread!

This sounds like a very interesting idea and I hope you all the success.

But won't it only work for the people that sign up first.

If people keep signing up then they all can't get put 10 links on their site and receive 20 back. It is impossible and just like any other pyramid scheme paid or not it will saturate eventually.

But anyway, lets look on the bright side. Alot of sites only last on the Web for about 1 or two years and there are new ones being added every day so I can't see it staturating off for a very long time, if not at all if the new sites keep on coming and using your sites scheme.

Great idea and hope it works. Now it is time for me to go and check it out.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  5. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the thing with this pyramid is that it's not really a pyramid. Yes, you get more backlink for the number you send, but each time I make a new website, I can be pointing at your url back (which turns into a reciprocal linking).

Sure, it will get saturated someday, but I'll rather have 20 unfilled link than 2-4 I "can't fill anymore" link

tomzx, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  6. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    fcmisc, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  7. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have developed new stats for my sites where they are very detailed. I am also finding that I have people getting referred from some sites pages and when I go and see if my site is listed there it is no where to be seen. I think they are using some sort of http header request or something just so that it looks as if you are getting traffic from them. Doing this will make you curious and most likely then visit their site.

One site I have had over 400 visitors from and when I click on the referral links it just redirects to a site and mine is nowhere to be seen.

How I see it is that they are just using my bandwidth and fulling up my stats with none wanted information if they are not actual proper visitors to my site.

john269, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  8. zeebloyankees

zeebloyankees Guest

Best Answers:
    I found this great site

pyramidlinking.com

It promises to be more efficient than link exchanges. Any thoughts if this actually helps, I checked my backlinks to the sites that linked through that system and they didnt show.

zeebloyankees, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  9. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    it was bought out by someone who's let it decay. It seems to be totally dead at the moment. If it was promoted properly and had good levels of participation, it could be very good.

fcmisc, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  10. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that it's dead as well, that's why I removed all of the links I had placed on my sites since I was barely getting any return for them.

mopacfan, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  11. fatinfo guy

fatinfo guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Great idea, poor execution.

As I am setting up an account, the websites they want me to link to is "normally instant banned" from my directory due to their low quality. So unless the quality of the participating websites get regulated, it will be very hard to participate in linking to websites that you don't really want to.

I really do hope they clean up their list of participating websites, and get this project rolling again as it does indeed offer great value in a multi-level marketing kind of way. May be worth revisiting a month or two later.

fatinfo guy, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  12. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not likely. It's been in this pathetic state for about 3 months. The original guy who ran this was great, but didn't have the time to give it the love required. Unfortunately the new guy has loved it even less. :(

fcmisc, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  13. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why are people still going on about this? It cannot work. It's not a matter of execution, it is a matter of math, plain and simple. The reason it's probably not having anything done with it is that the owners most likely finally figured this out.

I mean, if you don't believe me, ask someone else who's been around here a while and is good at math, maybe someone like OWG. He likes math. Don't ask The Webmaster though, he's still in the closet about his geekiness... total denial. He'll probably pretend he can't do the math cause he's too cool. :D

-Michael

mvandemar, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  14. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    I do remember that once upon a time, I wan in this thread somewhere.....

I think I figured out a way this could be sustained. But, it could barely be done, and not without extensive rewriting on the part of the pyramid-linking crew.

Caydel, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  15. zdestiny

zdestiny Peon

Best Answers:
    I just signed up.

You need to add a "Regional" category.

zdestiny, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  16. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest you hand over this project to someone who will REALLY care about it. There are many ways all the stuff not working could be fixed and improved and this idea could turn into something really worth joining.

tomzx, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  17. medicalhumor

medicalhumor Peon

Best Answers:
    great idea, I just signed up and placed links, but it won't validate. Sent you an email. pretty nice targeting of categories

medicalhumor, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  18. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    This program is dead everybody. D>E>A>D. Dead.

Nothing to see here. Move along....

Caydel, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  19. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True true.

Lpspider, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  20. zdestiny

zdestiny Peon

Best Answers:

Since when? Why was it abandoned?

zdestiny, Jul 11, 2006 IP