1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pyramid Linking - a new way to build static, one way links for free

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mad4, Mar 8, 2006.

1. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose you could have 2 categories, one for content pages and one for link pages. Or just specialize and say you can only place links on content pages with fewer than 20 outbounds total.

IMO, 30 is fine for a links page, but a limit of 5 would be more appropriate for a content page. Honestly, the reason I'm not vlunteering PR 4 and 5 content pages is because I don't think there's any chance I'll get equal quality links back.

jim, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    You place the links on your site yourself. Its up to each webmaster to take a quick look at who they link to before they add the links.

mad4, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  3. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about the option to filter selected links by PR. I'd prefer not to link to zero PR pages. Others might not want to link to pages a certain PR below the page they're linking from.

fcmisc, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  4. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well then you're missing the point the system is actually for. Higher PR spread their PR to lower while lower links to lower and so on. When lower become higher, it then starts again.

Don't be selfish. The pyramid system is there to help those who have a lower PR than you have while helping you at the same time (if possible). Don't expect much help if your website is PR 8 or something because that ain't gonna happen. Why? Because you would need a lot more links pointing to you, be known by web. In fact, your site would have to be REALLY popular, or be linked by a lot of website, but I don't think that's possible if you actually have to use a system and complain about it.

tomzx, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  5. alifan

alifan Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good how many people you got signed up?

alifan, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  6. alifan

alifan Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds good how many people you got signed up?

alifan, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  7. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    But if you had a PR8 page, would you want to risk a PR penalty by linking to pages with PR0 and that have possibly been banned?

fcmisc, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  8. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Currently 950 campaigns. The site has been live for just over 3 weeks now.

mad4, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  9. Sarangan

Sarangan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really a great idea with brilliant thinking..

Sarangan, Mar 31, 2006 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  10. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    I have joined, looking forward to seeing how it works.

Does it automatically check for links broken/removed?
    Does it check for no-follow? Hidden Text? etc?

gford, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  11. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is an automated spider which uses methods to detect and ban sites trying to cheat.

mad4, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  12. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    mad4,

thanks. BTW setup a forum on your site :p

Another Q (prob. already answered) : how do you give 2x links for every link donated? Must run out once growth stops..

gford, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  13. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    Need to test your site in FIREFOX, lots of pages don't view properly in FF 1.5+ - for example your campaigns.php page

gford, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  14. bpearson

bpearson Peon

Best Answers:
    there are a few thing need o be programmed in to this network

1. When you signup for 30 links on your page and you do not have 30 in the inventory you should not give 60 credits to that person just give what they give.

2. If we choose not to link to one of the pages then validate the links we have placed and give credits for them and not for the one we did not place. this will help with quality control as we can view the links and only add the ones we suggest. also maybe adding a check to see if X number of users do not add that link then mark it for manual review as it may be spam site or in the wrong category.

3. On the add link part the links are not in the same category form what I seen I tryed that feature on a web design category and it gave me some page in a different category

4. I see a lot of management/work problems in the future for the web site owners using this system that maybe a hold up in getting people to sign up multi sites and get some webmasters to sign up at all.

example someone deletes a campaign then thats up to 60 email out to webmasters to delete links.

5. need to make this easy to use and easy to update and automated include would make this network grown a lot faster

6. I would reduce the links to say 1:1 ratio to sustain growth. a 2:1 ratio is not vary smart for long term growth which is what the network is about from what i am reading from your post. a 1:1 is better then what you get from other networks like Link Vault.

7. maybe and email to the webmaster when there is more links advabile in the category they have campaigns in would help add more links to there pages.

example I request 30 links on my page and get 60 in return then there is only 4 links for me to place right now then I should only get 4 credits if using a 1:1 ratio then as more links become advabile in that category. I should get an email saying there is X number of links in your category that could be placed on your page giving me more credits for my links. At least up to then number of links that will help fill the complains that have been created in the past and get users to return and added more links.

This will add in a lot of programming to make this stuff work right also take a look into maybe programming limits on how many links from one domain to different domain there can be to keep interlinking down.

bpearson, Mar 31, 2006 IP
    mad4 and Jim_Westergren like this.
  15. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My campaign still isn't working. Seems like the two links it recommended are not listed as links I should publish. So the list of links for me to publish is 0 and worse, no one owes me anything:

You should be showing the following 30 links on http://www.esl-blog.com/archives/001250.html

Below are the pages showing the link Smart investing basics.

You are owed 0 links.

URL Last Validated Page Rank

jim, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  16. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have still got that on one of mine too.

johneva, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  17. alien

alien Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mad4, Can you please tell me how someone should wait to get it reciprocal links. Actually I have signed up on 19-Mar-2006 for getting 60 links + 5 refer links = 65 links and till today I have got only 2 links..

alien, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  18. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    what is the PR of that page you are waiting on? I suspect most people who join are PR0-PR4, as my PR5 has been waiting about that long, and it only has two links as well, while my PR0 link page was about 23...

Caydel, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  19. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm very patient since I know this is a new service and I support it, but I should mention already I set up a couple campaigns that showed I was owed "0" links. I e-mailed the admin about the first one and he properly credited it.

Then when it happened again with my latest campaign (not my fault I don't think), I haven't gotten an e-mail reply since Thurs. a few days ago, I just sent a couple e-mails again this morning.

Eric

LinkBliss, Apr 2, 2006 IP
  20. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    mad4's not been around for a couple of days. i'm doing directory submission for him, and i wanted to clarify something with him but no reply either.

devin, Apr 2, 2006 IP