1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Putting sites in autosurf?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by pairbrother, Jan 8, 2006.

1. ravianz

ravianz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i think its now clear that there is no advantage of auto surfers; i need some comments about those sites which force their members to browse many sites to get visitors for their own website. I am not sure but i think these are called MLM??. infact just three weeks ago i came across a site trafficswarm.com; i think many people are using this site coz their alexa ranking is around 540; As i think these are also waste of time.

ravianz, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  2. pairbrother

pairbrother Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thnx for all the replies, I am not going to put my sites at autosurf, instead, ill put up a page which will have some small description of the site (no adsense), if the surfer is interested, he'll click on the page. I hope that is not counted as an illegal hit?

pairbrother, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  3. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably people will follow your link and go to your adsense pages but still google will notice the big jump in impressions and they are smart enough to know what you are doing, it is still robots generated traffic, try it and tell us how long it took you to get banned :p

enQuira, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  4. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    After reading this thread I can only conclude the only people benefitting from this scheme are its organizers. The traffic generated for individual websites is pointless and almost never results in an actual visit to the site.
    If that kind of traffic turns you on, email harvesters should make you ecstatic. They actually want something and they generate return visits -- of a sort.

clancey, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  5. bpearson

bpearson Peon

Best Answers:
    what wrong with email harvesting it will get you domain ban in more ways then one:eek:

bpearson, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  6. webspider2005

webspider2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Autosurf is actually an advertising medium. However, it has been abused and used as a medium to operate 'ponzi' or 'pyramid' programs. Example is the popular get paid to surf program.

webspider2005, Feb 21, 2006 IP