1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Put Your Blog On AUTO-PILOT With This Wordpress AUTO-POSTING Tool

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Sunshine, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Peon

Best Answers:
    You know...one thing that I've learned from running a few webistes is that there are sooooo many scripts and software circulating on the internet today, that if you really don't see a need for a particular one....then don't buy it :) . No, really it's true. Your money is best spent on something else that you really do need. This is a lesson I've learned.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Sunshine

Sunshine, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. goitalone

goitalone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, is it ok with you guys if I spam my...eh hum..advertise my websites in here? Looks like Sunshine got away with it nicely :)

goitalone

goitalone, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. Knock yourself out. Look how well it worked for Sunshine. :)

minstrel, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  4. goitalone

goitalone Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously tho...I am bout sick of trying to promote my site and it not working..maybe its just cause I have a crappy site and no one is interested..I have a billion other ideas I want to try later on but I wish I could at least, being fairly new to webmastering and all, have confidence I am going about it the right way..how long does it take for things to get going right IF u do have a decent site with plenty of say decent content for most people?

And whats up with that new no follow deal..I scared myself thinking I had activated it on my StumbleUpon profile trying to type in a link...for the most part I have not been trying to spam, but I have placed a few comment links that I just recenlty found out was a big deal and with the nofollow thing.

After I typed a link it said nofollow blah blah and then I couldnt access my site for awhile but I later on just figured it was a glitch on my free webhosting service but it seemed awfully strange to me...also I stil wonder about it because I sometimes get a google message while in my AwardSpace web hosting account saying page cannot be acced on this server..anyone know anything about anything like that at all?

I am not even sure what forum or topic I am in so I am prolly posting in a totally wrong place about all this so if so I apologize in advance.

I want to make an affiliate ad portal site next and see how well that goes..but right now I am just stuck on not knowing how/the best way to get a steady flow of visitors etc. I am working with noobish site builder (WYSIWYG Web Builder) which I love nevertheless. Anyone here doing well with webmastering..got any tips, hint suggestions, secrets? LOL

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

goitalone

p.s.

heres my site.. btw, could you people tell me what yer honest thought is on it...now I didnt really start it to make money really, but I thought I would have more visitors but now..how long does it take...I have read tons of stuff over the last few months..maybe I need more links in and out. I dunno

http://infotipper.com

its about bible prophecy and stuff :p

goitalone, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  5. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I thought WP schedules your postings as a built-in function !!!

Scriptona, Dec 2, 2006 IP
  6. whatinspiresu

whatinspiresu Peon

Best Answers:
    No you cant, because you've only made 4 posts and sunshines made over 130 ;) just teasin. Im a peon too. If you find a good mentor, send em my way.

I installed a plugin called smart update pinger on my wp blog. It's supposed to only ping when you publish and not when you edit and save, which i do a lot. Im still writing for the blog, because I want to automate it to post daily so i can get on to other things. Lets hope its smart enough to ping on a future published date. There are logs that show what service accepted or denied your ping

i got it here http://www.daven.se/usefulstuff/wordpress-plugins.html

Sunshine, on your sales page.... if you could program it to upload your posts to your blog instead of having to Paste one article at a time into your Wordpress Blog. I would DEFINITELY be interested. I know there was a plugin somewhere for microsoft word to publish to your blog straight from word (was it only to blogger?) Wordpress also has a feature where you can publish posts by email. Im absolutely not a programmer, but maybe they can be helpful.

best of luck to all.
    Trisha

whatinspiresu, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  7. maxdpadilla_3

maxdpadilla_3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Sunshine:

Can I see a demo?

maxdpadilla_3, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  8. linkstoyou

linkstoyou Banned

Best Answers:
    There's a new version of the Smart Update Pinger as Christian Daven has stopped developing this plugin - see Smart Update Pinger v3

linkstoyou, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  9. kmelody5185

kmelody5185 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you have a video demo? I have view you link but not found demo!

kmelody5185, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  10. typhoon

typhoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will like to try it as soon as i get some time..

typhoon, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  11. tricks.computer

tricks.computer Banned

Best Answers:
    Hummmm nice info bro...

tricks.computer, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  12. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Has this been updated at all. I see the thread is from 2006.

TheMagpie, May 27, 2009 IP
  13. sanjaykrishna

sanjaykrishna Guest

Best Answers:
    It shows me server error. BTW, scheduling can be done by Default wordpress itself. Why should I go for plugin.

sanjaykrishna, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  14. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sunshine.

It only use RSS feeds to post?

ilook, Dec 15, 2009 IP
  15. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    does it post depend on our keyword or else? where most the article come from?

vannarith, Mar 25, 2010 IP
  16. andreisaioc

andreisaioc Active Member

Best Answers:
    andreisaioc, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  17. henrycaballero

henrycaballero Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I thought so too, that's why I didn't really get excited when I saw it's on Wordpress. Wp has a lot of free plugins. I think you just need to setup an email but not a free email from yahoo gmail or msn. It requires an email on site. I think. It's like blogger's email posting too. Others do this on blogspot with an inbox feeder then automailer to blogspot's blog posts via email.

henrycaballero, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  18. optimizationtutor

optimizationtutor Peon

Best Answers:
    We have made a useful tool for helping those who need SEO content for their sidebars. Here is a tool that will auto create an RSS feed of relevant content on any search term. The data is pulled from the major search engines real time and is cached for about 15 minutes then updates.

If you are good enough to parse the content server side then it will give the site SEO benefit for displaying topically relevant content in their sidebars with authoritative relevant outbound links. It technically will be duplicate content (compared with the web) but it is time sensitive great content. Even if you use the normal javascript parsing like in many sidebar widgets today, it will still benefit the visitors to the sites to view really great news in the sidebar.

If you dynamically change the search term in the RSS url call you will be able to add different content on pages of your site that need more text to prevent being duplicate content in comparison to other pages on the same site. This means the pages of your site have a higher percentage of different content then each other. This will benefit SEO but also pay per click quality score metrics. For those who know how to create auto posts based on RSS feeds have a go at it. :)

Example, you could pull the category of the page or one or more of the tags and auto replace the search term variable in the RSS url call. You should look into how this can be used because it can create an auto updating RSS feed on any topic in the world. You can also use normal search operators a lot of times (Not ALL) like site:domain.com and site:.gov and site:.edu, etc. to really laser in your results.

Just change the search term (TOPIC+HERE) on the end of this url. http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=693627c710f2f187f8957447eb33f0af&_render=rss&search_term=TOPIC+HERE

optimizationtutor, Nov 1, 2010 IP