1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Published" Craigslist ads not showing up on main listing...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Untitled, Oct 9, 2007.

1. rachelbabe86

rachelbabe86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can we post a ad for brazil if we live in the US, or will it pick on the ip address and not show up cause it is from the US?

rachelbabe86, Aug 7, 2009 IP
  2. softronixredplanet

softronixredplanet Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone,

Today, i have posted a test ad and it is showing in the search results.

Title: Accounting/Bookkeeping
    Posting: 1675122898
    Craigslist site: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/ (this link goes outside odesk.com)
    Section: Services Offered, Financial Services
    Proxy: 66.42.182.178:3128
    IP Address: 66.42.182.178

And then i've posted using the similar Transparent Proxy

Title: 2 BD, 2.5 Bath, Family Home
    Posting: 1675151516
    Craigslist site: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/ (this link goes outside odesk.com)
    Section: Housing Offered, apts/housing for rent
    Proxy: 74.63.201.147:3128
    IP Address: 74.63.201.147

So, now dummy ad is showing in search results, all ads are active in the account, please help me resolve this problem.

I'm looking forward for your help.

Regards

softronixredplanet, Apr 3, 2010 IP
  3. cppvedio

cppvedio Peon

Best Answers:
    you should change your ip

cppvedio, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  4. braincandy

braincandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Is the robbingcraigslist guide still current?

You don't appear to have a blog in your sig any more either.

braincandy, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  5. cheap-pvas

cheap-pvas Peon

Best Answers:
    [FONT=&quot]For those of you not familiar with the changes that have taken place on Craigslist over the years, you may not be familiar with this term. ‘Ghosting’ is the term applied to when you make a post on Craigslist, and the system tells you that your post has been published but your post never appears on the front page of Craigslist. The system gives you a post ID and a URL and you can see your post if you put the post’s URL in your browser, but unfortunately no one else will be able to see it because it will never appear on the front page.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Before ghosting, every post you made would show up on the front page of Craigslist. Every time your post was flagged you would get a courtesy email telling you that they were sorry that your message got flagged. If your message was removed by the Craigslist staff, you would not get an email about it. Your post would simply disappear without any warning. People eventually got wise to what was happening and would keep an eye on their emails.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]You can get on Craigslist any day of the week and you can find lots of spammers, people making multiple posts within the 48hour time period that the TOS says you have to allow between posts, and they don’t get ghosted. You go ahead and try making two posts in a row and you’ll be banned for life. No warnings, no review process, just BANNED!

[/FONT]If you advertise a web site or have the post send customers to your website use free websites and change your address frequently. Use free sub domains, and use URL redirecting sites. That way you can have many different web addresses but they all go to the same place.

When you log in to make a post on Craigslist use a proxy server. Change your IP often. Change computers if you can. Clear all your cookies and Java script. Change the referrers in your browser to 1.

Keep checking on your posts and if they don’t show up you know you’ve been ghosted and it’s time to change any of the above. Change the name you use. Change the wording. Be creative. Copy what other people post.
    You do all of these things and you will be able to keep posting on Craigslist and they will NEVER be able to ghost you. Every time one thing fails, move on to another. Keep them on their toes, and make them work at it. The problem is most people just give in, and that’s what they are counting on. If you all fight back, they won’t be able to play games like that with your posts.

For any kind of information you can send me pm or visit my home.

Thank you

cheap-pvas, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  6. braincandy

braincandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good information thank you!

Do they blacklist actual domains or just IPs and emails?

You also say "Change the referrers in your browser to 1." I have not heard of this and cannot see reference in my browser options. Can you elaborate please. I am currently using chrome but also have firefox still if it's easier.

7. cheap-pvas

cheap-pvas Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks bro,

ip's and emails, but ips more often thn emails.

just clear the cookies and jav script, that would do the magic along with the other things mentioned.
    If still any prob, pm me bro.

will be more thn happy to help you out.

cheap-pvas, Oct 5, 2011 IP
  8. braincandy

braincandy Peon

Best Answers:
    I just tried again and it seems to have been ghosted again.

Before posting I:

1. Changed my IP last night
    2. Registered a new email
    3. Registered a new CL account
    4. Cleared my browser cache
    5. Purchased a new domain yesterday and forwarded this domain to my old one
    6. Used unique title and ad content

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2635043692 is the suposed post. I don't get spammed just for using a making a picture an active link do i?

9. cheap-pvas

cheap-pvas Peon

Best Answers:
    plz send me the ad, will post n chk for u

thnx

cheap-pvas, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  10. braincandy

braincandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! Thanks for the help. PM sent.

braincandy, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  11. cheap-pvas

cheap-pvas Peon

Best Answers:
    Will post ur add n see y its not getng live :)

cheap-pvas, Oct 6, 2011 IP
  12. cheap-pvas

cheap-pvas Peon

Best Answers:
    A Nice Article

If you are having problems posting ads on Craigslist then take a second and read this article, perhaps it may help you.

If you have more than one craigslist account that you’re posting ads to then it’s very important that you use a land line dial-up connection with a dial-up Internet Service Provider when you do it.
    Craigslist monitors IP addresses of each account. You WILL need different IP addresses if you have more than one CL account, that is if you expect to keep them open and not have them shut down permanently.
    If you have a Cable Internet or DSL Internet based telephone service then you have what’s called a static IP address. What this means is that you have one IP address so when you are placing ads through multiple Craigslist accounts their computer picks up your IP address and knows right away that it is the same person placing the ads. This is not good and it could cost you all of your accounts and your ads, not to mention your time.
    By using a dial-up Internet service, every time you redial you get a different IP address. Please note: Most dial up modems will be damaged if you connect them to one of these Internet-based phone services.
    You NEED a land line connection and a solid dial-up Internet service provider that has good amount of dial up numbers.
    When choosing a dial-up Internet service provider you want to avoid companies that use proprietary software like AOL, Net Zero ect. You need a basic Internet service provider with no bells and whistles. You need to find a company that has a lot of dial up numbers in the USA and Canada if you are posting there, preferably one that is inexpensive.
    Many of the dial up number networks are old so you’ll have to test each number out. Don’t always go by the displayed speed of the connection, try to surf around a little bit and see if you get disconnected often or if it’s surfing really slow. Once you find a good connection number make note of it so you don’t have to keep searching different numbers each time you want a dial out. Try to use an area code that is in the area where you are posting your ads if possible.
    Another posting tip that is very important. NEVER jump around from state to state posting ads. For example; don’t post one ad in Maine, one in Nebraska, one in Chicago, one in New York, one in Dallas and one in Phoenix. If you do this Craigslist will think you’re a spammer and all of your ads will be removed and not just the ones you did today either, all of your ads that you have active in that account will be removed also. You will end up losing everything and have to start all over again. So DON’T make that mistake!
    Your account may also be red flagged and they will limit your ads sometimes to only one per day. They do this by ghosting out your ads. Your ads will appear to be live in your account control panel yet will not go live on the site. This is called ad ghosting. I always post 2 ads first then wait to see if they appear on CL before posting anymore so I don’t lose my work to ghosting.
    BasicISP is a great cheap chice. You will get your first months service for only . If you are interested in this awesome, cheap dialup ISP is Basic ISP
    I look forward to writing my next article soon with many more tricks and tips to successfully make money on Craigslist.

cheap-pvas, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  13. Lori763

Lori763 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi....you do get an email that says your ad is now live and you also get an email if the ad has been flagged/taken down.

Lori763, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  14. braincandy

braincandy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Lori,

Not sure if that is a statement or question?

When i posted my ads i get the "your ad is live, click here to see it" messages. The ads however are not. They are ghosted.

braincandy, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  15. Lori763

Lori763 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Braincandy,

I am in agreement with you.

Lori763, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  16. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Craigslist is notorious for ghosting, so maybe something in the title, description, or IP address has been flagged

golfpro1, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  17. AndroidRoot

AndroidRoot Peon

Best Answers:
    That's called "ghosting"....their way to prevent spam nicely.....they have your IP address blocked from posting basically.

AndroidRoot, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  18. dcmetroMIKE

dcmetroMIKE Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it enough to go through the suggested steps (change your ip, clear cookies/java script, etc) and simply try again with the same CL account or does one HAVE TO get a new e-mail address and CL account? I've been making multiple posts and renewing every 48 hours for the past year and half and only thought to find out what the hell was going on today when I noticed my traffic had seemingly fallen off a cliff. I only learned what "ghosting" is today (and thanks to this forum)!

Oh and by the way ... cheap-pvas said:

"When you log in to make a post on Craigslist use a proxy server. Change your IP often. Change computers if you can. Clear all your cookies and Java script. Change the referrers in your browser to 1."

How do you change the referrers in your browser to 1 (what does that even mean?) and how does one use a proxy server? Things are all of a sudden waaaaay more complicated than they used to be but I gotta change with the times ... missing my traffic BADLY! Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    dcmetroMIKE, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  19. Orlando_Shields

Orlando_Shields Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Craigslist is ghosting your ads, especially if you have links in your ads.
    Im running a program called Craigslist Cracked
    Learn how to post as many ads as you want,
    No ghosting
    No Flagging
    Ads Will Stick forever
    Leave me a PM for details

Orlando_Shields, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  20. Markus13

Markus13 Member

Best Answers:
    I was having the same problem yesterday. I live in Canada and tried to post in USA. Try searching google for craigslist pva.

Markus13, Oct 31, 2011 IP