1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PSA's on legitimate page?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by freakrot, Jun 30, 2005.

I am getting PSA's on one of my articles posted this morning. There is nothing bad about the content of the article, but the page for this article is triggering public service ads.

Any thoughts on the cause or reason?

the page can be seen at http://www.thedailyshiz.org/2005/06/30/veritas-software-falls-under-attack/

Adsense confuses the heck out of me sometimes!
    I don't see any bad words on the page that would trigger these PSA's?

freakrot, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  2. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Looks fine to me in Australia :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  3. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like they fixed it. I sent an email to adsense about it.

Not sure how it works, but it seems like certain pages send up a red flag, and it's like the adsense monitors review the page and unflag it if the content is ok?

Wierd. I have had this happen before with other articles. The page has PSA's for several hours until finally the real ads kick in?

freakrot, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  4. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again I am having the PSA issue. Has anyone else noticed a long delay for new pages to be crawled by adsense? In the last day or so I have noticed a delay of anywhere from 4 hours up to 12 hours or more for normal ads to start showing on new pages. This is getting rediculous! I emailed big G, but no response yet.

I have 2 more articles now that are showing PSA's.

freakrot, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  5. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I've seen regular ads show up right away and I've seen ads not show up at all or PSAs show up for a day or two. It all depends on the adsense spider's prioritization of your pages. If a page gets decent traffic, it will probably get spidered quickly.

I'd also check to see if the pages are maybe giving the spider a hard time - i.e. not enough content, robots.txt denying the bot, etc.

nevetS, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  6. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically, the pages are new articles that are posted (see http://www.thedailyshiz.org for example). I have never had this problem until early yesterday. Things have been running pretty smooth up until now.

freakrot, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I've also noticed that if you visit it over and over and you don't have a steady stream of visitors to balance it out, it turns to a PSA.

Thats probably a load of BS or coincidence but it seems to happen every time on a new page.

Leave it alone and I think you will find it delivers relevant ads.

PS. It shows relevant ads for me

yfs1, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  8. freakrot

freakrot Peon

Best Answers:
    I just had a friend check the 2 arcticles for today (July 1st), and he is seeing PSA's too. The main page is fine, and has normal ads, but the new article pages for today are showing PSA's. Average visitors tend to go to the main page, but RSS visitors get linked directly to the article pages, and that's where the PSA's are. My CTR is extremely EXTREMELY low today due to this.

The 2 article links for today that are showing PSA's are:

http://www.thedailyshiz.org/2005/07/01/phishing-is-up-226/
    http://www.thedailyshiz.org/2005/07/01/dell-now-shipping-rhel-4/

no reply from Adsense Support yet.

Looks like I am going to have to get an overture account and have a switch in my site that I can flip to another ad source when adsense is acting up!

**** UPDATE as of 2:28PM CT *****

The ads are now showing normally for those 2 pages. It took almost 12 hours for those 2 articles to start showing normal ads! Wow!

freakrot, Jul 1, 2005 IP