1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PSA Nightmare!

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by jimtopia, Dec 11, 2004.

I've hit the big-time (lol) suddenly, getting almost 100 hits per day (laughable to some of you, i know, but bear with me...). Unfortunately, at about the same time, my Google Ads went out, displaying only PSAs!

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my main site, as my other channels are still working and displaying targeted ads!

I thought it was a cursing problem, so I went through and got rid of all the cursing... to no avail. Recently I've just tried changing to a new ad size and then changing back, as suggested on this board - hoping that will work.

www.jimtopia.com is my main channel where PSAs are displayed only.
    www.cupolastandard.com is my other channel which still displays targeted ads.

jimtopia, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess is that G doesn't have a clue what the page is about (I don't). The second site clearly has a lot about one topic (bush), but the first is more like a mish-mash of words sprinkled about, with no clear topic. Perhaps one permanent post at the top that gives G some direction as to what the site is about...

dazzlindonna, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  3. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Donna - also something else to add, I read recently that if in the forum you have the moderator names, it can block Google, and then show PSA's. I've got the same problem on mine which I need to sort out.

DarrenC, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  4. jimtopia

jimtopia Guest

Best Answers:
    I'd agree with you there donna, but I've never had any problems with PSAs before a few days ago - it's always been able to derive some targeted content.

jimtopia, Dec 11, 2004 IP