1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proven user registration / login component / library?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by TheDataPlanet.com, May 19, 2015.

It's been a while since I wrote my last PHP app. Technology is a fast industry and now when I try to re-factor what I wrote several years ago I just felt it might not be worth my time. First I think I should start focusing on business rather than technical stuff, second, I'm not a good PHP developer at all and it's probably not make much difference with regards to security, user experience, etc.

So is there any established PHP component / library for user registration / login / management that I can immediately use? I can then easily hook it up with the rest of my application? My requirements:

1. Widely adopted, proven security.
    2. With social logins integrated, facebook, google, twitter, etc.
    3. Actively maintained.
    4. Good user experience, at least easy to customize to be, e.g. forms, email templates, etc.
    5. Well thought interface that can be easily hooked up with, e.g. session, profile, roles, etc.

Any suggestions?

TheDataPlanet.com, May 19, 2015 IP
  2. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would learn Wordpress, learn how to modify login pages and redirects to make it work for you. That would be the easiest in my opinion.

Otherwise CodeIgniter works pretty well but it is more work, probably more to learn. Zend framework, same as CodeIgniter but probably an even higher learning curve.

Anveto, May 19, 2015 IP