1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ProtectMyCreditCard.info

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by xCaribbeanboy, Apr 21, 2014.

Got this one today tell me what you guys think.

xCaribbeanboy, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your on the right track with choosing a good "brandable" .info. Certainly not the easiest and you definitely picked a competitive industry to get into. My only concerns is that it's not much of an exact match domain, or is a .info the greatest extension for a company that I would assume, is geared around "protecting your credit card info".

Actually asked some of my more computer/internet savvy friends the other day if they've ever come across a ".info" extension. For the most part, they were completely unaware of it or said they have seen one - once or twice. In that lies a huge issue. Who's going to trust a company that protects credit card info, with an extension that could be construed as "spammy", "fraudulent", etc.

Now an "information site" centered around providing ideas on how to go about it, and promoting 3rd party applications to go about protecting your credit card info would probably be the way to go (no experience with affiliates, sponsors, etc., in this one). As a domain, not worth much. But as a site, it could be...

sweetpea69, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  3. xCaribbeanboy

xCaribbeanboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for replying. I should of elaborated a little more. I thought of it being an information center for Credit Card users when I made the purchase. Which route do you think is more profitable: a developed information center or domain resale?

xCaribbeanboy, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, you will get more if you develop it. The .info lets it down, so make it a proven earner and you will get a better price. You might even like the $$$ it earns so much that you decide to keep it.

ryan_uk, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  5. xCaribbeanboy

xCaribbeanboy Peon

Best Answers:
    @ryan_uk @sweetpea69 HEy, just a quick question what would you guys value VodkaAndTequila.com at? I was told there is an alcoholic drink called Vodquila, which is a mixture of Vodka and Tequila. Would that increase the value of the domain name?

xCaribbeanboy, Apr 27, 2014 IP