1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Protecting my contact/submit forms from spam?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by themetalpeddler, May 15, 2008.

Hi, I originally posted this in the security forum but it was suggested I post here.

I have a couple of "contact forms" that are getting hit with spam. It started off just once or twice a week but now it's several a day and accelerating & I am concerned that spammers can use the forms to send out spam as though it's coming from us (or so I have read).

The forms aren't regular sign up for newsletters or contact me forms, so mailto changes or newsletter programs won't work for it. For example, this is one of the forms.

Can anyone suggest a good way to prevent this getting hit with spam? I don't know coding outside of html/ css, so if it's more complicated than that, I need layman's terms!

Contact form

Thanks!

themetalpeddler, May 15, 2008 IP
  2. apmsolutions

apmsolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    apmsolutions, May 15, 2008 IP
  3. themetalpeddler

themetalpeddler Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, been busy!

I had looked into that but doesn't it require PHP? My pages are plain old HTML and I wouldn't know where to begin making it php.

themetalpeddler, May 23, 2008 IP
  4. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    !Unreal, May 23, 2008 IP