1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Protect my PHPBB3 forum from spammers

Discussion in 'Services' started by tomred, Aug 1, 2011.

Hi,

My phpBB3 forum is being spammed. What can you do to help?

Solutions and costs please.

Thanks

tomred, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  2. KMC

KMC Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I know of several solutions that could be implemented to "bulletproof" your forum, but it won't be cheap. If you're willing to spend upwards of $200 to get your forum secured, then PM me about it and we'll talk.

KMC, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  3. atomicstorm

atomicstorm Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I had a problem with this a couple years ago. I stopped the spam to (at least) a controllable level by adding human verification (some random question that only people in my community would get) and also adding a couple spam blocking PHPBB mods. The spam for me, when I had this directory, was so bad that it was DDOSing my internet gateway and causing it to reset. Doing those two actions fixed my problem and then just left me with the spam clean up.

Hope that helps.

atomicstorm, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  4. tomred

tomred Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This sounds like the solution I want, something fairly simple, install a few mods. Dont want to spend anywhere near $200 dollars. Was thinking more like $10.. about an hours work

tomred, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  5. nmsptyltd

nmsptyltd Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi tomred,

To avoid spammers and control posts in your site, you need online moderation services. A 24/7 moderation service which can provide guidelines for your contents, limit liability, and preserve corporate identity. You can visit http://onlinemoderationservices.com or http://newmediaservices.com.au to view how online moderation works.

To know more about our company/services, email us at

nmsptyltd, Aug 2, 2011 IP