1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Properly setting up Apache2 to avoid upload timeouts with Microsoft OneDrive

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sergioq, Feb 18, 2022.

This is crossposted in Stack Overflow but hasn't gotten many views, or any answers.
    I believe I'm in the correct forum, please don't ban me if I am not.

I have a simple Perl script that uploads a file from an HTML form, and it does works. i.e Uploads a file from my local Mac HD to my web server via a webpage.

When I use OneDrive from any device, through Finder, or Word, Excel, etc.. it acts like just another HD, so I expected the same behavior with my perl . What I have noticed, however, if I try to upload files from Microsoft's OneDrive I am more likely to get the following info below. I have no problems using my OneDrive via Mac's Finder, or my iPhone, etc.

access.log
    [14/Feb/2022:23:36:51 -0500] "POST /cgi-bin/upload2.pl HTTP/1.1" 408 487 "http://example.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"

error.log
    [Mon Feb 14 23:37:02.121496 2022] [cgi:error] [pid 3734:tid 140367391328000] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client -.-.-.-:58184] AH01225: Error reading request entity data, referer: http://example.com/

My Apache2 settings are:
    Timeout 300
    KeepAlive On
    MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
    KeepAliveTimeout 5

At my slim level of knowledge of Apache, I am assuming that my problem is all about timing. If that's the case, can I change settings above to help? Or am I off base?

*One small thing I noticed, but I don't know if it means anything

My web browser says:
    "Server timeout waiting for the HTTP request from the client. and it mentions port 80."

However, in the error.log it mentions port 58184. I don't know if that's normal, due to routers, other routine behavior.

sergioq, Feb 18, 2022 IP