1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proof the Judeo-Christian Bible Inspired of God

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Alter2Ego, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not until he answers her questions. She needs to chew him up first because she's "a winner" in her mind.

Mind you, if we are all on ignore then there's noone left to debate. She'll have one post threads, her own and they'll quickly hit page 2 - can't be a bad thing imho.

Bushranger, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  2. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's the idea. She then gets to 'blog' and doesn't have to answer to any criticism.

Anyway, I'm done with Digital Point. when members like popotalk can accuse me of being gay and Apocalypse can change the words of other members when he quotes them and nothing gets done yet I get infracted for saying....."Well that's because, as a JW, she doesn't believe that your 'Jesus The Christ' is 'God'. She believes that JtC is A god but not "God" in post #157...it's a sure fire sign that the mod here has agenda.

See ya pal! Have fun with A2E.

pladecalvo, Aug 30, 2012 IP
  3. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Okay pladecalvo, shame to see ya go. I can't see why #157 is a problem either. Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts with us.

Bushranger, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't being gay punishable by death under Islamic law?

I can understand your fear, pladecalvo - that accusation places your life in danger and is unfair.

Corwin, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  5. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- THE SICK EARTH:
    You are wrong on all counts, as follows.

The Greeks did not "know" the earth was round. The Greeks correctly theorized that the earth is round and that it is spherical. Theory amounts to hypotheses aka educated guesses. Proving something is not the same as theorizing aka guessing, even if one's guess is later proven to have been correct. The Greeks had no way of proving the correctness of their theory of a spherical earth because no one had traveled around the globe literally until the 16th century AD when Ferdinand Magellan and others literally circumvented the earth by ship. That was when humans had proof for the first time in history that the earth is indeed round. This proof came 2,000 years after the Greeks[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]specifically the philosopher Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC)[FONT=&quot]—[/FONT]correctly theorized the earth is a 3D circle aka a sphere.

The Greeks did not "know" the exact diameter of the earth. Alexandria Eratosthenes (276 BC – 195 BC) came close, but he was not exact.

That is incorrect. The book of Isaiah was written in the 8th century B.C.E. or 400 years before Aristotle's birth and 500 years before the birth of Alexandria Eratosthenes. In the 8th century B.C.E., the prophet Isaiah, writing under divine inspiration from Jehovah, wrote a viewpoint description of the earth in which he described it as a circle. Isaiah gave a viewpoint description of how earth appears to someone one hovered above it. That is, he gave God's viewpoint.

"{22} There is One who is dwelling ABOVE the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gaze, who spread them out like a tent in which to dwell.... {28} Have you not come to know or have you not heard? Jehovah, the Creator of the extremities of the earth, is a God to time indefinite. He does not tire out or grow weary. There is no searching out of his understanding." (Isaiah 40:22 and 28)

Not only that, Moses wrote the book of Job in the 15th century B.C.E. in which he described the effects of gravity by writing that the earth hangs upon nothing.

"He [God] is stretching out the north over the empty place, hanging the earth upon nothing;..." (Job 26:7 -- Written by Moses in the 15th century B.C.E.)

Remember, the first of the Greeks to correctly theorize that the earth is a sphere was Aristotle who was born in the 4th century B.C.E or 1,100 years after Moses wrote the book of Job.

What point are you making about "pillars"? Please explain.

Alter2Ego, Aug 31, 2012 IP
  6. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- NEIL PEARSON:
    Frankly, I don't understand what you are objecting to. I did not say the earth is not constantly in motion. The point of my my above post is that the cherry picked words from the verses presented by gworld were figurative speech, not literal. He was using them as part of his erroneous claim that the Bible is full of errors. The reality is that those verses were presenting figurative expressions that help readers appreciate that the earth will never be destroyed and that it will never be moved from its orbital position in relationship to specific planets. That's the understanding that one gets when one pays attention to the context of the verses. gworld ignored the context and cherry picked just a few words from each of the verses, as can be seen at his original post on Page 1 of this thread.

Alter2Ego, Dec 2, 2012 IP