1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Proof reading Chinese copywriters

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by koderius, Mar 23, 2014.

hi there folks.

i have a dumb question - yet dumb as it is - i haven't found a way around it :
    i need some marketing stuff written in Chinese.
    i can find Chinese copywriters - that's not a problem.
    the problem is - how do i check their skill\level? how do i proof read it ?
    do i take their copy to translation and than check it ? (lol).
    alas i dont have any Chinese friends or relatives that can proof read it for me.
    if you have found a better method - pls tell me.

thanks

koderius, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  2. tenkeys

tenkeys Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what I do. I get someone else to be the editor/proofreader to proofread the copy that has been written. Sometimes I get 2 different proofreader to double check on the copy, depending on how big the project is. You can also ask the proofreader their opinion on the copy and how many stars/points would they give to that copy. If the copy is not up to your standard, you can get it rewritten by the original copywriter or by the proofreader, depending on your arrangement with them.

Hope this helps.

tenkeys, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like your only option is to hire a second person to do the proofreading. Not sure how you would find out if either one was any good - you would have to assume the proofer was telling the truth and not just trying to get the writing work for themselves. Who will be seeing the end product? A valued customer/client might be able to help proofread or point you to someone they use to translate the other way - Chinese to English.

Are there any big Universities near you? Even some of the smaller schools have begun offering Chinese. I know of one in Kentucky that does. Not sure about anywhere else though.

Good luck. And not a dumb question at all. I'm sure a lot of folks who need foreign language writers struggle with this issue.

YMC, Mar 24, 2014 IP