1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promoting amazon product and copying description of it. Is that copyright violation?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Fifth Dimension, Jun 27, 2016.

Hi, I am wondering If I was promoting amazon product as an affiliate on my website and If i copy/pasted the product description will that be considered as copyright violation?

For example I am trying to promote as an affiliate some product lets say its a Book.

On my website I post a link to amazon shop of the item and a picture of the item and i copied and pasted the description from the amazon.

Is this copyright violation? Do I have to write the text on my own?

*EDIT* I am sorry this is a wrong forum, I am searching for options but I cant find them to remove this thread. Please moderator remove it or send it to the proper forum, I am sorry too tired to see that it clearly says above not to post this kind of quesitons in here

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    Fifth Dimension, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  2. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just put it in quotes and link the source.

jv1999, Jun 27, 2016 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  3. DD Grace

DD Grace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, when you copy some content from one website and post it on your website, you make not good things for your SEO. Search engines do not like duplications, so if I were you, I would write a description on my own.

DD Grace, Jul 22, 2016 IP
  4. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think a link source would be fair.

Pamela Turns, Aug 3, 2016 IP
    Best Seller likes this.