1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promise me no dp user would send a crappy email like this...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by sarahk, Dec 31, 2015.

upload_2016-1-1_16-0-29.png

I know lead generation is tough but please, please take some time to polish your outbound emails.
    • If you are writing in English your name should be spelt with the first letter in uppercase, in my example that would be Tarun and not tarun.
    • Give your company name and website address. It's great that Tarun is a Marketing Manager but who the f*** for? Before I respond I want to check out the company and do some due diligence.
    • "I want to discuss a business" - really? "a business" and there I was thinking you wanted to promote the services offered by your employer.
    • Don't change font color, weight or size mid letter.
    • Don't put a space before the start of some lines and not others, it makes the left-hand side of the email look all higgledy piggledy.
    • Don't have the avast signature at the bottom of the email. If you are professional then I should be able to take it for granted that the email was sent from a virus-free computer. The signature makes it look like a relic from the '90s.
    • Don't send the email from your gmail account - use an email address from your employer.
    • Don't send the email to a country whose culture you don't understand.
      In this instance, the client you have contacted is specifically focussed on local traffic and that is made very clear on the existing website.
      If Tarun had taken a bit of time s/he would have known not to try to contact over the summer holiday period as the client is likely not to have staff on board between Xmas and New Year. In fact, given the locale of the company you can write off any marketing endeavours for the whole of December and January. The decision makers just aren't going to be approachable.
      If you have no appreciation for details like that then your likelihood of being able to do a suitable design and SEO are nil.
    Now I just need to wait for Tarun's aggrieved follow up email letting me know that s/he emailed me last week but I haven't responded.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    sarahk, Dec 31, 2015 IP
    Shawn Syed, Suckerpunch and Athisa like this.
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like an email that would come from someone here.

NetStar, Dec 31, 2015 IP
    zacdavis likes this.
  3. salahedine mountassir

salahedine mountassir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i'm glad that he made this creepy msg,thank you for the informations.

salahedine mountassir, Jan 1, 2016 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here is one of the guys who would send a message like that.

NetStar, Jan 1, 2016 IP
    zacdavis likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe he's learned from it?

sarahk, Jan 1, 2016 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  6. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sarah you spent lot of time to analyze it - hope those people will check and fix :D

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 4, 2016 IP