1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Project Management Software for Website Design Projects

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by GoHalo3, Jan 12, 2009.

Hello All,

I would like to know if you can share with me what software do you use to track Project Management tasks for Website Design projects.

I would like a software that can setup project per project and can track milestones, current state of the projects, to do list, action items, budgets, and resources..

Any feedbacks or referrals is appreciated :)

GoHalo3, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  2. designervalley

designervalley Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of project like project management you may find them from google search engine if you need to develop a project like project management or with some other features you may discuss with me i can work with you or if you need a project management application i can also provide you!!!

Kindest.

designervalley, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  3. crath

crath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find Microsoft Project extremely helpful. Definitely worth the money.

crath, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  4. GoHalo3

GoHalo3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Microsoft Project Money is not really what I am looking for..

I saw a site that does what I need and its called BaseCamp. There is monthly payment on it though but it seems pretty good. You can create logins for each of your website design client and have their projects tracked that way. It is really nice.

Besides BaseCamp is there any other ones you guys use...

GoHalo3, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  5. crath

crath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I created my own system that allows me to track tasks and generate forms that my clients view on their end of the site. Wasn't to hard.

crath, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  6. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    dotProject is an open source, free, web based project management app. It runs on Apache2+PHP+MySQL.

TaskJuggler is a major league, free and open source project management tool for Linux/Unix platforms.

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Jan 15, 2009 IP
  7. Danielz

Danielz Peon

Best Answers:
    Although MS Project is probably the most powerful one, it certainly is not easy on the pocket. Basecamp is extremely good but lacks many of the essential features. You mentioned budgets, etc. that it will not do. dotProject is a freeware probably as good as MS Project (or close enough) but it is also complex.

There is a cheaper alternative to Basecamp, which is Deskaway, but again, it may or may not be suitable for you.

ProjectManager, however, is something you can try. It sounds like it is MS Project online, with a pay-as-you-use model like Basecamp's.

The above list of tools is discussed in Celeroo's blog where tools for other aspects of software development are also discussed.

Danielz, Feb 6, 2009 IP
    clade likes this.
  8. GoHalo3

GoHalo3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Danielz..

This is the information that I am looking for. this is really very beneficial

GoHalo3, Feb 7, 2009 IP