1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Programming for interactive website animation (for research project)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by KatRose, Aug 15, 2018.

?

which is best for beginners?

1. CSS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. HTML

100.0%
  3. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hello and sorry for the long question I'm about to ask...
    I've been asked firstly to look for information on industry standards as well as training opportunities, events, and cons on this topic. So could anyone here recommend anything for web programming conventions or e-courses? It would be appreciated. (Guidelines or rules/standards on web development too).

I also want to know the languages and software you think would be best for developing user interface animations with good fidelity. Here are the kinds of animation I would like to incorporate:
    -parallax page motion or scrolling
    -carousels/sliders
    -drop-down menu navigation
    -hover functions (for example to highlight interactive buttons when moused over)
    -the scrolling effect in this website: letters-inc.jp/

I understand that CSS or HTML would be an appropriate choice to start with when it comes to programming. However, theoretically if I wanted to create a prototype for an interactive website, there are way more choices and I know that different languages are better for different things. So, for focusing on responsiveness and functionality, which languages would be recommended for this and for someone lacking in experience?

KatRose, Aug 15, 2018 IP
  2. c.cartier

c.cartier Peon

Best Answers:
    html -page layout, css-for effects and on-hover and Javascript- for functions and slideshow effects and setTimeout, as well as run functions...these are the basic language and syntix used for designing most websites.

c.cartier, Aug 18, 2018 IP
  3. KatRose

KatRose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply
    Could I ask what software you would recommend to write and test this code with?

KatRose, Aug 20, 2018 IP
  4. c.cartier

c.cartier Peon

Best Answers:
    I just use notepad ++, however anytype of free code editer will work depending on youre knowledge of code. Go to www3schools it will give you some great information where to start...

c.cartier, Aug 22, 2018 IP
  5. KatRose

KatRose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply again. I'm also researching events for this topic, anyone have information on international programming conferences? It would be great if you could tell me about what kind of experience could be gained, if there's one-on-one consultations at any such events and what areas of IT are expected to be covered. I would find information on this myself, but it is sometimes better to hear from someone who has experienced these events and also it is a requirement on my assignment to post and seek responses about this on forums.

KatRose, Aug 23, 2018 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Aug 24, 2018 IP