1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Programming for Adobe AIR

Discussion in 'Programming' started by exolis, Apr 11, 2014.

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am looking for a programmer to develop a windows desktop app using Adobe AIR. And I would like the interface to be very beautiful like that on an iphone app.

I actually don't know much about programming, can anyone advise if I design the interface first, what kind of image format should I give the developer?

Thank so much for your help.

exolis, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  2. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Exolis,

There is nothing big difference for Adobe Air based apps development.

For a Desktop App:
    1. You will decide what is the resolution of the application
    2. Based on that, you can create the graphics or images

For Mobile Apps:
    1. It depends you do apps only for mobile or tablets too.
    2. In case, if you are going to do app only for mobile, you can follow the design guidelines from ios and android and other mobile os.
    For ex: developer.android.com/design/get-started/ui-overview.html

If you have already worked for any native application before it is the same.
    Hope it helps..!!

BTW, I am an adobe flash/flex developer and i can create apps for desktop and mobiles.

john.peter, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  3. stanleyhelps

stanleyhelps Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends. You don't need to have images upfront but if you already know what design you have in mind, sketches or even fully created artwork is always helpful in the development process. If you want it to have the same level of aesthetics as an iPhone app it sounds like there are certain visual styles from apps you are inspired by. So sharing those with the developer would make sense, too.

If you have more details, write me a pm.

stanleyhelps, Apr 22, 2014 IP