1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Programmer with 22 years experience is here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by boris_bord, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zak

zak Peon

Best Answers:
    True, he should be able to do that no problem.

Anyway, SQL is all the same, so if you can work with one database you can probably learn another quickly e.g if your good with Oracle then you can pick up mySQL, easily

If you can do low level programming, I suppose you can pick up the syntax for C or Z80 or anything similar.

Modern programming languages like .net and Java are object orientated, so if you can grasp the concept of objects and know one language, you can pick up another or use examples and modify them.

You've also got procedural programming languages like Pascal and COBOL which are good practice for beginners, but are not used very much anymore.

Client side programming on the net involes html (easy), and scripting languages like Javascript, VBScript etc similar to procedural programming languages.

Then we got server side programming on the net for which you can use most programming languages like Perl, Java, .net ASP (C#, J#), php, whatever your comfortable with, all you need to learn is one quite well. Personally I did it with JSP. Java Server Pages.

Then you got XML which sounds really hard, but is really simple, similar to HTML except you can define your own tags.

Thats all you need to know

zak, May 10, 2005 IP
  2. Epica

Epica Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You guys never heard of eBoris before...? I thought all programmers had like a secret society where they revered their heroes and had like a secret handshake and theme songs for their favorite programmers etc hehe

I've seen Boris around other forums and his posts were always helpful, and well thought out...I was always impressed - of course I can barely program a PHP mail handler - at any rate - I hope to see some of the same level of posting here.

Epica, May 10, 2005 IP
  3. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Boris, welcome to the forum

MattUK, May 11, 2005 IP
  4. markkk

markkk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Master Boris, Welcome to the forum..

Cheers!

markkk, May 11, 2005 IP
  5. frankm

frankm Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok that's fun. but why not just believe the man if he says he's got 22 years experience? I started out on Z80 assembly but you won't see it on my C.V. as it is not a skill HR-people understand these days... I'd say Boris has always adopted new skills/languages :)

frankm, May 11, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.