1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Programmatic Post to PayPal

Discussion in 'PHP' started by jedweb, Oct 13, 2005.

(alliteration unintentional)

I'm trying to post form data to PayPal programmatically (mimic form submission). I have my form that calls my script when the submit button is clicked. The script then writes a bunch of info to the database and then connects to paypal via socket/https. For some reason, the page always comes back to my page automatically (and immediately) after contacting PayPal. The PayPal page itself is never displayed.

I have replicated the issue posting to anothe of my websites rather than paypal. It's like the script won't give up control to the destination server. Does anyone have any idea how to do this properly?

The most useful example I found online is here: http://www.zend.com/zend/spotlight/mimocsumissions.php

TIA!

j

jedweb, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  2. prowess

prowess Guest

Best Answers:
    prowess, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  3. jedweb

jedweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response. However, it seems that all of your forms simply post to the PayPal page directly. They don't appear to call a custom script that then posts to PayPal behind the scenes.

Perhaps I am missing something...

jedweb, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  4. prowess

prowess Guest

Best Answers:
    I guess I just wasn't sure exactly what you meant. You should contact paypal to see if they have a developer kit or similar.

prowess, Oct 13, 2005 IP