1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profits and traffic

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Openg, Dec 10, 2004.

I know the variables can be huge, but any idea of whether it is worth me putting adds on my site when it is hovering around 150,000 in Alexa rankings...anyone willing to divulge their earnings/ranking ratio ? (if I can expect $10 a month I might not bother yet...) Thanx all

Openg, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  2. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't it be better to put ads anyway? Some money is better than nothing.

Oh, and don't worry about what Alexia thinks, do your own research based on your keywords/rankings. You can use the Keyword Ranker/Tracker here at DP:

www.digitalpoint.com/tools to see where you rank for your search terms.

Infiniterb, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  3. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah..every dollar helps.....if you expect your site to grow big someday, might as well do it now...only takes a few minutes to set up anyway..

mudnik, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  4. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    forget about alexa ranking. my daily uniques tripled in last two months, while my alexa ranking dropped about 10%.

dejaone, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  5. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    your traffic-to-money-ratio REALLY depends on your field.

I get almost 150,000 pageviews a day on one site... if this was, say, a finance site, or a site about credit cards getting that much traffic, I'd probably be making really really absurd amounts of money.

you might make an average of 50 cents a CPM in some areas, you might make a 200$ CPM elsewhere... doesn't mean the first is something to ignore (the traffic for something like that will most likely be much easier to acquire)

disgust, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  6. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    If a site is ranking high on SE for particular keywords, definitely adsense is worth trying. I dont attend much on my alexa ranking coz it doesnt affect my profit, I had 300% increase last month on my ranking but didnt see any changes in profit margin though.

melfan, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  7. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I use adsense on my forum and resources area, but so far I've only earnt $30 only another $70 to get my cheque! :D

I'm not that fussed about making money from it, but it'll come in handy will the extra money!

DarrenC, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  8. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    just put the ads up - let your earnings grow with your rankings.

$10 a day is $3650 a year....not bad for adding a little code.

Give it time and it'll grow

oziii, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  9. Openg

Openg Peon

Best Answers:
    Just gotta make room for it now :)

Openg, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  10. tsptom

tsptom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used to keep my daily budget from adWords at the same level as my adsense income. I was then able to lower my lower my adWords daily budget but traffic has built up to the point where I make 2X my adWords budget. Patience.

tsptom, Dec 11, 2004 IP
  11. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the CPM from some low value keywords is greater than the one from high value keywords 'cause the CTR of low value keywordd is 300-400 % higher. yuo can make good money withour chasing high paying keywords.

dejaone, Dec 12, 2004 IP
  12. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    Smart idea. I just started my first PPC campaign. Figured I'd go with overture as the sales rep said it wouldn't affect my higher rankings on major kw's. I went with all cheapies...lol...40 something kw phrases as a test at ten cents a pop. So far used a whole five bucks!!!

Figured Just for that reason you mentioned. Wanted to see if a little investment in some low traffic inexpensive advertising would help my adsense return any. Still up in the air, but up until this weekend was jamming on traffic. Then poof the traffic has all dried up! Darn the holiday!!!!! lol

gchaney, Dec 12, 2004 IP