1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profile Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fireboat, Mar 28, 2010.

I've noticed that people in this forum talk lots about sig files and article marketing and guest blogging, but very little attention is given to dofollow profile links.

I've been looking for high PR sites, creating accounts, and adding profile links for the past few months. I've seen some modest SEO boosts, but I'm not sure if it is due to profile links or other forms of SEO.

You thoughts on these?

fireboat, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's pretty much the Angela and Paul method. Well, it gets you some backlinks, but they're not very high quality - no PR, (the site may have PR, but the page with your link is extremely unlikely to - it most cases it's a newly generated page) not worth any more than Directory or forum links.

magda, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  3. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I've been getting the profile pages from Angela's list. I wanted to give the method the benefit of the doubt, but I'm really not seeing any true benefit in terms of SEO. I've been doing it for three months now, targeting one specific page on my site, and one specific keyword. I haven't seen any movement either way in the SERPS.

fireboat, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  4. dbadwal

dbadwal Peon

Best Answers:
    I got PR4 for my website in a record time of 24 days just with profile backlinks. Its no doubt a great way to get SERP listings.

dbadwal, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  5. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's impressive, DBadwal. The partiicular page I was experimenting with began as an internal PR3. After I added 3 month's worth of Angela's backlinks, it's still a PR3 and hasn't moved at all in the SERPs.

If you don't mind my asking, how many profile links did you add to get your site to PR4?

fireboat, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  6. dbadwal

dbadwal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks fireboat for your compliment. Its difficult to predict SERPS. I bought my domain in Nov, 2009. Did extensive backlinking (almost 2000 in 24 days, just from profile backlink) and received PR4 for index page and PR3 for other 3 pages (My website was just 6 pages at that time). But I started targetting with those 4 pages for which I received PRs. But till Dec 2010, its page rank is just PR4, although I am doing backlinking with same speed. Now my website has 6000 backlinks. So its unpredictable how Google award PR. I was expecting PR 6 in April PR updates. But did receive.

dbadwal, Apr 15, 2010 IP
  7. hassan147

hassan147 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have to try this..

hassan147, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  8. armanjackson

armanjackson Guest

Best Answers:
    Saying right as we all knows that back links are most important & many ways through which we can get these.

But if do follow sites of high PR then in a short time we can get for our sites high PR in Google.

armanjackson, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  9. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    one more addition, I just noticed that DP is do-follow, now u can post 2 links in ur signature but 1st one is do-follow and 2nd one is no-folow,

m I right members?

asghar.paracha, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  10. JuniperJohn

JuniperJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Both of your signature links are showing up as do-follow for me. According to SEOQuake Firefox plugin.

JuniperJohn, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  11. asghar.paracha

asghar.paracha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just checked with backlinkwatch and found this no-follow

asghar.paracha, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  12. JuniperJohn

JuniperJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    You checked your site with backlinkwatch? Not all of your backlinks will show up there, or in any other backlink-checker. And the links which do show up will take a while before they do. Use a plugin to check links on specific pages/sites, or just check the source code yourself.

JuniperJohn, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  13. lukeg32

lukeg32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why bother even using a plugin? Just view source and search for your sig text..... job done. Both are dofollow.

As for profile links, i think they are hugely overrated and people seem to think they will be able to dominate from using them alone; along with other link building techniques they can help, but i think magda said it best in this thread in post #2.

lukeg32, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  14. Thomasan

Thomasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice discussion.. thanks for this question..

Thomasan, Apr 16, 2010 IP
  15. carol123in

carol123in Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone please tell me what is profile backlink??I sit same as social bookmarking site profile like facebook,twitter,digg etc?? please give me some ideas ..

carol123in, May 12, 2010 IP
  16. JuniperJohn

JuniperJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Many sites will allow you to create a profile. The idea is that you have an 'identity' on that site which other people can see when you post on their forum, comment on their blogs, etc.

These profiles often allow you to put links in your 'About Me' 'Signature' etc. These links are often do-follow. Profile backlinks are these. You create a profile on one of these sites, add links to your sites in the 'About Me' or 'Signature' sections, then rinse and repeat.

There is debate over how effective these links are, but this is what a profile backlink is nonetheless.

JuniperJohn, May 12, 2010 IP
  17. WordpressSEO

WordpressSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know of many quality sites with dofollow profile links.

Definitely not your youtube, facebook, linkedin profiles.....

Please enlighten us with a good list of these links.

Or even do yourself a favor, write up a blog post, include the links, in page ranked order, let us know about it here, and.......

you never know, you could see some good link love.

That my friend is true SEO

WordpressSEO, May 12, 2010 IP
  18. JuniperJohn

JuniperJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a ridiculous number of sites which allow dofollow links in the profile. Whether they are 'quality' sites or not is another matter. Even if it is a quality site, with a high PR homepage, the page which your link appears on is not going to have any PR. It's cheap and easy to get hundreds of profile links, though, so this may make up for the fact that they're quite poor individually.

JuniperJohn, May 13, 2010 IP
  19. mxyzplk

mxyzplk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mxyzplk, May 19, 2010 IP
  20. websitedevelopment

websitedevelopment Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah,

URL profile URL structure must be formated because it will provide boost up to your website in ranking and also in page rank also.

websitedevelopment, May 19, 2010 IP