1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Professonal Business Logo & Card Design Needed-$50 Paypal & $20 Bonus IF I say "Wow!"

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by LeftSideBurn, Jun 15, 2010.

Howdy,

Need a professional business logo and business card design for this site: WaveHawaii Productions dot com.

Color schemes should include yellow-gold as in the Sun, sky-blue as in the Blue Sky, or perhaps ocean-blue as in the ocean. See the yellow-gold in the website header to match to logo.
    Log Design shape should be a natural wave design found in nature with the 2 or 3 main colors:
    perhaps including a semi-circle or three-quarter circle type of design.

Color scheme for both logo and business card should complement the web site so they all look like they belong together.

Business Card design should include a upper-left to bottom-right fadeout of yellow-gold 'sunlight' rays; no Sun, just the sunlight.
    And perhaps a horizontal bottom design with waves sets.

Overall design is simple, elegant, and classy. Not too busy. These are my b2b cards; given to white collar professionals such as lawyers.
    My service is getting client leads for professionals through online and offline marketing.

Fields for business card: Slogan: "We Generate Waves of New Clients for Your Business".

Name
    Company Name

Phone
    Fax
    Website

Address
    City, State Zip

Fields can be any order you choose; prefer to be broken up into at least 2 sections. Prefer slogan at the top, with a larger and different font than the rest; more stylistic.
    I really need the slogan to POP, and catch the eye, but keep it professional looking. And try to slogan with quotes. I think quotes looks more impressive.

The logo will be branded. No clipart allowed. All material will be surrendered with full-rights to my company by the contest winner.

Contest is expected to complete within 72 hours of the posting of this thread but I reserve the right to extend the contest until I see something I like.
    By the same token, if I find the perfect fit for what I need, the contest may end in less that 72 hours, so get you samples in fast.

Please watermark all work. Submit samples in the thread and ask all questions in this thread also.
    Failure to follow my simple rules will disqualify you, so read carefully.

Deliverables: vector AI scalable graphics format, png with transparent background, tiff, and jpg. I might insert the logo in the website header, so make sure it is scalable.

PS. I will give a bonus to the winner for truly excellent work. If you make me say "Wow!", it is worth another $20 to you. That is potentially $70 for truly professional work and capturing the essence of what I am trying to convey. Fair Warning; I am very particular. So expect a lot of revisions until I choose the winner.

Good Luck!

LeftSideBurn, Jun 15, 2010 IP
  2. sriharishine

sriharishine Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,

Please check the Logo, and let me know your feedback on it. So I can update it. We can start in the Business card design after finalising the Logo.

[​IMG]

Thanks
    Srihari

sriharishine, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  3. LeftSideBurn

LeftSideBurn Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is more of a banner to me. I want a logo. H in Hawaii needs caps.

LeftSideBurn, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  4. lolopo

lolopo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am so getting into this

lolopo, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  5. delusionweb

delusionweb Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My logo entry :

[​IMG]

100% vector
    100% unique
    Feedback please.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
    delusionweb, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  6. Nicholson

Nicholson Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I sort of just free-handed some waves/tsunami wave in illustrator.

[​IMG]

Nicholson, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  7. LeftSideBurn

LeftSideBurn Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @ delusionweb.
    Interesting. More abstract. doesn't need to be a literal wave for the logo. read what I said about semi-circle or three-quarter circle. add in the yellow-gold of sun rays in your concept as a wave also. something like this, without the text, would be a good part of the business card bottom design.

@Nicholson. Totally missing the yellow-gold integration as shown in my blog header. no need for tsunami wave, just good waves in sets; set of waves are like 3 or 4 waves in close proximity with a distance in between sets.

here is what an ocean wave should look like: http://www.treehugger.com/wave-ocean-blue-sea-water-white-foam-photo.jpg

8. Nicholson

Nicholson Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry Leftside, my image messed up before I edited it for your feedback. Tsunami wave can also be removed for just bottom waves etc.

Thanks.

Nicholson, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  9. ForgottenMemorie

ForgottenMemorie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

ForgottenMemorie, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  10. BS_webdeciphers

BS_webdeciphers Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback Appreciated
    [​IMG]

BS_webdeciphers, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  11. logorain

logorain Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello Ch,
    Here is my design. The LOGO is displayed in both white and black background. Hope you love it. Looking forward from you :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

logorain, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  12. ideosmil

ideosmil Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

ideosmil, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  13. masjacky

masjacky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try

[​IMG]

masjacky, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  14. LeftSideBurn

LeftSideBurn Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Starting to like the new samples.

@Forgotten Memory: possibilities here; drop the palm tree. make the outside background transparent. Spell Hawaii. And resubmit.

@BS; like the sun backdrop. Not so sure about the wave design. can you change that up a little. darken the blue to a more ocean color. and Productions and text shadowing seems too grey; for that please see my website theme again for another color.

@ Logorain; nice effort but I'm just not feeling it. The WaveHawaii part looks too much like a webpage button. you know; 'click here' type of button. and the circle portion looks too simple. I don't envision palm trees in my logo. and I need something brandable. give me something different.

@ideosmil; I like the W, the H is correspondingly too straight, and there is nothing regarding 'Productions'. Make the H and Hawaii more yellow. The color seems lifeless in the H and Hawaii. And can you try another font. it looks ordinary; need a little more style too it.

@masjacky; very nice overall. RE: the logo; very nice first submission except the horizontal width seems more of a banner; needs a border and the square edges are too sharp. RE: the business card; please mute the yellow; looking for more of a fadeout from top-left to bottom-right with the card white in the lower-right bottom; and remove the swirly W watermark; and remove the .om.

Very nice effort overall. Please continue. Aloha!

15. masjacky

masjacky Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks for feedback
    for the logo, yellow horizontal was your original background, i make my logo in transparent, so it will fit to any background you use to,
    for the business card, the swirly W wasn't watermark, it's image it self, i make two option for that.
    here is my revision

[​IMG]

masjacky, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  16. onlyvidiu

onlyvidiu Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi! :)

>> click me <<

Waiting for FB and the chance to make you a... proper Business Card! :p

onlyvidiu, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  17. btechzone

btechzone Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    check out my 1st entry for business card...Hope you like it..

[​IMG]

btechzone, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  18. btechzone

btechzone Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    check out logo and Business card (bigger size than my first entry)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please reply if any modifications needed

btechzone, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  19. LeftSideBurn

LeftSideBurn Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @masjacky; thank you for the revisions. you have capture my idea of the business card background. and the W in WaveHawaii is very creative; but I'm getting the sense the overall font appears to too artistic and not enough business-like. I really do like it, but not to show lawyers on my business card; something a little more serious. Please read my notes on @onlyvidiu.

I perhaps should have clarified this earlier, and this applies for all the previous submissions in this thread; I am looking for more than a fancy font company name.

@onlyvidiu; very nice effort. I really like the design in the center panel. Your the first to understand my request for a logo design, and not just fancy font company name or initials. Fixes in the center panel design: WaveHawaii is one word. The word Hawaii needs more contrast from the background; possibly lighten the background or darken the border of the font. Take the small gold swirl out of the wave. I like the background but seems too long horizontally and needs a border, perhaps dark gold in color; also show me a transparent background. Nice first submission!

20. LeftSideBurn

LeftSideBurn Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @btechzone; nice effort. I think I'm trying to make the business card too busy with the bottom design suggestion. So lets drop that design and focus on the logo. And thank you for adding my business slogan. That is part of my request for the business card design.

To all; I am looking for a design in the logo, not just a fancy font looking company name. I guess I didn't make that clear initially. And I am not putting down the fancy font as I call it; I know it is real graphic work but to my clients, it will be a fancy font to them. I need a Design incorporated into my logo.

**** Check the "onlyvidiu" submission to see how he incorporates a design with the company name. And his design is how I described in my first post. Work with that and let's push it to the next level. Mahalo!