1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Professional Writers' Network - 5 Spots Open

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Oct 23, 2006.

Many people had inquired about the writers' networking group I set up recently, but after the 10 member cutoff.

I eliminated 5 of the original 10 members, b/c they never posted or got involved, and we don't want to end up with people lurking when the point is to network, share leads, etc.... it's a give and take. So there are 5 spots now open again.

Please do NOT try to apply for the group on the group page in the original post! It's now set to invite-only, and I'll set you up if you're chosen for one of the spots.

The same basic requirement is in effect: The group is primarily targeting writers who are charging / earning $.20 / word or more.

Depending on how fast spots fill, I might make a few exceptions again. I'll only consider exceptions for now in the following situations:

1. They're charging a minimum of $.10 / word and actively trying to increase their rates - in other words, no one's going to share their high quality, and high paying leads for writing jobs if they're worried that another member of the network is simply going to undercut them every time. So we're looking for some balance, and willing to work at helping people in that range work to increase their rates and find better gigs. We're not willing, on the other hand, to simply fork over unpublished job leads and such to someone who's not already making the effort to find similar jobs on their own.

2. I'll also consider making an exception if you're a published author (not self-published-only or e-book-only), simply because you'll be able to share some insight on another form of publishing. I have some authors I've considered inviting, but for the time being, I'd like to keep this to a DP-only writers' group.

If you meet the original requirement, or one of the two exceptions listed above, please email me at with the following information:

1. Your name (just first is fine)
    2. Your DP username (just to make sure we're keeping it to forum members for now)
    3. The email address you'd like to subscribe to the group through.
    4. What your general or average per word rate is for Web or print writing
    5. Whether you're a part-time or full-time writer (won't hold PT against you, I'd just like to know what mix we have)
    6. Are you a published author (if you don't meet the general requirement or first exception).
    7. If you're chosen for one of the spots, would you prefer instant email notification, daily digest of all posts, or no notification?

There are only 5 open spots currently, and there were many more requests after the last set closed. So please email me as soon as possible if you fit the requirements or exceptions above, and I'll be approving them on those conditions on a first come first served basis. Please don't email me about it if you don't meet one of those things listed. The group will eventually be open to the public through a membership site, but for now, we're keeping it to networking in a limited group.

Thanks for understanding, and hopefully welcome to a few new good members. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  2. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Information sent. :)

I think it would be a good idea to keep this group small. Even if you do decide to make it public, there should be some sort of selection process to keep it limited to professional writers, as compared to key-word junkies looking for leads.

LOL I love the term key-word junkie. :D

highflyer, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  3. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    highflyer!

I hope you make it! I'd love to have you onboard. :)

Rebecca

internetauthor, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  4. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Rebecca! :)

Coincidence. I share those very same feelings. :D

5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol Yeah.... I guess I can let you in. ;) I'll set you up now and you can go say hi. :)

EDIT: OK, you're set up. If you don't get a welcome email with the email address to post to, let me know. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  6. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm in. Thanks, Jenn. :)

7. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I just wanted to welcome Brenda (WAHMbrenda) to the networking group. :) Be sure to introduce yourself. :)

3 spots left. If they're not filled by DP members today, I'm going to be inviting other writers in from other places. :)

jhmattern, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  8. dirtisbetter

dirtisbetter Peon

Best Answers:
    Neat idea!

dirtisbetter, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  9. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    2 spots left, and welcome to Rhianna. :)

jhmattern, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  10. rhianna

rhianna Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Jenn, I am pleased to be part of this group :)

Rhianna

rhianna, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  11. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Only ONE spot currently left in the group!

And welcome to Rob (Robhustle). :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  12. Writer215

Writer215 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'll send you a PM shortly. Thanks.

Writer215, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    All available spots have been filled now, thanks. :)

jhmattern, Nov 6, 2006 IP