1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

product type

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by tercede, May 17, 2010.

Anyone here know if not having a product type with listed products will result in no inclusion into google base?

My best guess is no but I would like others' input into the matter ;)

tercede, May 17, 2010 IP
  2. twiztedX3

twiztedX3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Because of the product type must be listed. I could be wrong but that is my 2 cents.

twiztedX3, May 17, 2010 IP
  3. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't matter but the better the listing the more targeted that traffic.

JHybrid, May 18, 2010 IP
  4. Joe128139

Joe128139 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would make your product description as complete as possinle, meaning you should include the product type. You will not only get more traffic, but better traffic as well. You want the customers, not just the window shoppers or casual searches. To minimize the worthless traffic and get what you want be as complete as possible. You can only do better with that mindset, not worse.

Joe128139, May 18, 2010 IP
  5. tercede

tercede Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you can do worse if there is no suitable category and the product is misplaced. I might be better not having a category if it doesn't fit.

tercede, May 26, 2010 IP
  6. 85vicwagonguy

85vicwagonguy Peon

Best Answers:
    GMC's knowledge base says you can create your own PRODUCT_TYPE, but I've always used their presets.

My sites all have 8000 - 50,000 products and in late 2009 I started to have more and more trouble getting new sites/feeds allowed. After extensive testing and validation of my feeds, I'm suspicious that GMC is currently automatically disallowing newly purchased domains.

All my 4-year old domains have no problem.

85vicwagonguy, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  7. Greg Goodson

Greg Goodson Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll get listed, but not providing this field and any other field that is recommended by Google is shooting yourself in the foot. If you can provide the product_type, I'd make every effort to include it in your feed.

Greg Goodson, Jun 12, 2010 IP