1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[ PRODUCT LINE LAUNCH ]

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Theolito, May 29, 2019.

Hello all,

I am currently working on the launch of a new product line for a client who is selling accessoires for smartphones. I do need your expert feedbacks guys.

Current Situation
    - 2 lines made of 3 products ("STANDARD") and 5 products ("PRO")
    - The line to be launched (4 products) will be a new edit of the current "PRO", with higher pricing

Problems
    - My client does not want to simply replace the "PRO" line because a large majority of his revenue is made on this one, and there's a high risk of loss
    - Though he is wondering about having too many refs on his website (risk of dilution on the % conversion)

Solution considered
    - Keep all the refs but highlight the new products line while hiding the current one

What are your feedbacks / reco / ideas ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Theolito, May 29, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    a "ref" is a product?
    I'm no expert but I'd suggest keeping the one most popular product of the old pro products and introducing the new. Without knowing how dramatically "a new edit" changes the product it's hard to comment more. Look at the competition - caudabe? evutec? - and see what trends they seem to be following

sarahk, May 29, 2019 IP
  3. Theolito

Theolito Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback! Yes a "ref" is a product! Actually the new edit is quit similar to the current version, but quality is increased! Caudabe, Evutec and others have different strategies but I am interested in knowing some feedbacks from ecommerce marketers.

Theolito, May 29, 2019 IP