1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Product Images Seem To Get More Clicks

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by briguy, Jun 15, 2013.

?

Do you think images drive more traffic to your Amazon

Poll closed Jan 15, 2014.
  1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

33.3%
    Hey there, first off, sure not claiming to be a Amazon guru or making thousands off of Amazon monthly..

But have been noticing that the Amazon images on my blogs/sites have been getting more "clicks" than my "text links" in my content! Especially images that are on the top of the fold.

Another thing that helped me was that I stopped using the coding for images ( from "links to this page") that Amazon provided and starting using the Amazon image and coding generator from http://easy-products-display.com/ I can choose the template and the size of the image.

briguy, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  2. Roky994

Roky994 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also a newbie in affiliate marketing. I have bought .com domain and created a WP blog. Since the start I have written one (unique) article per day, and link the product to Amazon. But I am having troubles with traffic, in almost two months I have had only 69 unique visitiors, despite the fact I have SEO plugin and I optimize each article and I posted links on many niche blogs. So I am wondering, how much time it took you, to start getting organic traffic and sales? Could anyone take a look at my site to tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Roky994, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  3. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well not sure what percentage of these 69 clicks are sales or what type of products you are selling like high end Gucci watches etc But I been getting traffic from social media sites like Pinterest and Facebook. like all social media (at least for me) it all depends on the amount of real and active followers that I have.

briguy, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  4. Roky994

Roky994 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, not clicks, but only site visitors! The products I sell are not so expensive... I am wondering, if someone of you "experts" could look my site and tell me if he spots some difficulties...

Thanks

Roky994, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  5. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What's the link to your site?

nihangshah, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  6. Roky994

Roky994 Peon

Best Answers:
    I sent you PM

Roky994, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  7. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You said your site been optimized, you been getting backlinks and writing articles and only received 69 visitors... makes me wonder, are your articles long enough or over optimized (better to write for visitors than search engines) or you are targeting a really competitive niche?

briguy, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  8. Roky994

Roky994 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I do not know, so I wonder if anyone could tell me :) I am a newbie in this "area".

Roky994, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  9. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you should start your own thread here

briguy, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  10. Roky994

Roky994 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't, because I am not an established yet... I sent you PM.

Roky994, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  11. nihangshah

nihangshah Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I checked your website. It's pretty good. Just keep adding fresh content. Don't copy it from other websites. Write your own.

More content = more traffic = more $$$

nihangshah, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  12. Roky994

Roky994 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your time and opinion :) I will do my best. I am just wondering, if it's too little text and mybe pictures and so on...

Roky994, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  13. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    I am happy to take a look for you as well. PM me.

Pete

warriorworking, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  14. warriorworking

warriorworking Member

Best Answers:
    Took a look at the site.

Selling perfume online is extremely tough because the thing you are buying is the smell... and you cannot smell it. At least with clothes you can show them, even if someone cannot try them on. So often people are looking for a discount on a brand they have owned or tried out in a store, and they are shopping online really about price only.

For other people, you need to describe the perfume with as much details as possible. Your reviews are very short. For instance:
    http://www.buyaperfumeonline.com/2013/06/11/ck-one-summer-2013-by-calvin-klein/

I think there needs to be much more of a personal touch to the site. Also, the photography on the above link was blurry and just not clear. In the days of Retina Displays, that won't cut it.

There needs to be a sense of someone behind the site. An identity. Your review by Reviewer shows the person is nameless, which doesn't inspire confidence in the reviews of the person writing.

Also, in the left sidebar, it says FOLLOW for an opt-in. Follow would be language we now associate with Facebook, not a newsletter. So the heading should change. Also, the text field for the email address overlaps the container box on my Linux Firefox browser, because the size of the textbox has not been set in the HTML code. Some browsers will keep the text box within the window, but others will let it overlap as the width is not specified. So that needs to be adjusted.

Hope that gives you some idea.

warrior.

warriorworking, Jun 18, 2013 IP
    briguy likes this.
  15. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^great review warriorworking! Especially appreciated this part (main topic of this posting)

. Yes as for as I am concerned, images are very important on your sales pages, especially a "clickable" image!

briguy, Jun 21, 2013 IP
  16. Bhuvadon K.

Bhuvadon K. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It maybe click from google robot.

Bhuvadon K., Jun 27, 2013 IP
  17. fissnoc

fissnoc Member

Best Answers:
    ^ google robot won't account for that many clicks when put into perspective

fissnoc, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  18. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Was referring to a image that when a visitor clicks on it...they are taken directly to the product page. Pretty sure that "Google/Bing/Yahoo/etc spiders/bots don't click on images. Also pretty sure that they can't "read" images (no coding) unless you use the "alt"attribute on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt_attribute

briguy, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  19. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely gets more clicks.

You have to remember that the unwashed masses (no offense) are very much "newbies"

Experienced marketers often erroneously assume things like "Well I wouldn't click that".. But you're not a dreadful newbie. You're experienced!

People LOVE images & video. Fact.

CandleKeep, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  20. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my stats it seems that image links are more common than text links; however, contextual text links are producing more sales.

freelancewebaz, Jul 1, 2013 IP