1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Product delivered-member disappeared without paying

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by TextServices, Jul 9, 2015.

Hello,

I wondered if there is anything that can be done about a member who placed an order with me and has failed to pay for it after the product was accepted. (The member acknowledged the report I wrote was received and payment would be sent. It has been 2 weeks since delivery and the member has not responded to any messages.)

Communication was constant when discussing project details and deadline. Since delivery of the product, (on time), all communication from this member has stopped.

I have no intention of publicly naming and shaming this member since I find the practice unprofessional and leads to loads of board drama. I just feel that the member should be held responsible, face some sort of consequence like being suspended or banned from the forum so they can't pull this stunt on someone else.

I've been working online for many years. I know the risks involved with every transaction and am fully prepared to accept those risks. I accept that I may never receive the money owed to me. However, that doesn't give a "free pass" so to speak, for a member to order a product, accept the product, and then fail to pay for it.

I'm unable to write a review / give feedback / rate the member since the project started as the member made a forum post in the Content Creation forum looking for a writer... I responded in a PM and we began to discuss the project.

I give full permission to read my PM's with this member, (if admin has the ability to do so), if someone needs to verify as to what I am stating is true. I will provide the member name privately to the admin or a DP staff member as needed.

Thank you for your time.

Jennifer

***Update***
    Member has responded to my last message stating that he still has the product, states he is not using it, (he's happy with the product), and tells me he has no money to pay for the product. He asks that I wait until the end of the month, (because he's expecting money), and he promises to send payment when his money arrives. (Total of 6 weeks from the time product was delivered)

I do appreciate that this member contacted me. I'm not happy about his response, but I'll just have to wait and see if he holds true to his word. (I don't believe that he's not using the product, since it was written for a specific site designed to make money, but I have no proof until I submit my email on his landing page and get the promised report.)

I still think that this member should face a suspension, be banned or face some sort of consequence here at DP since he contracted work, promises to pay when delivered, does not communicate for 2 weeks and then asks the provider of said work to wait another few weeks to be paid. That's just poor conduct.

TextServices, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Truthfully, there probably isn't a whole lot that can be done. There was no transaction that happened on this site (I know this because your Marketplace tab shows you have never been involved in a transaction on this site).

Going forward, it really would be a good idea to use an escrow service. If the service is for articles (I assume since you mentioned content creation), it might be a good idea to place the article(s) in the article marketplace... that way the buyer only gets them after they pay: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/articles

digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  3. tomi4biz

tomi4biz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello TextServices,

I am the person you wrote an article for some years ago but was unable to reach back to you on time to pay you as promised.
    I was unable to access my account on this site and got distracted by other engagements.

Believe me, I didn't use the report after all but am ready to pay me once you let me know how to make the payment.

Please reach out to me and i wil make amend immediately.

tomi4biz, Sep 13, 2021 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately TextServices has not been online since sometime in 2015. I suggest you try to contact him through his email address.

Smyrl, Sep 14, 2021 IP