1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Process of submitting site in google base

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Allthebest, Sep 14, 2010.

I have very few knowledge about google base. I wants to know how i can submit my site in google base. How it is help in natural search ranking.

Allthebest, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  2. lightup

lightup Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you using a bought e-commerce package? Some of these come with add-ons that will generate a google base friendly file from your product database. If not you can create a spread sheet (the template of which is available from google) fill in the blanks and save it as a text file. Good luck.

lightup, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  3. 85vicwagonguy

85vicwagonguy Peon

Best Answers:
    1) create a Google Product Search account at base.google.com
    - complete all info and VERIFY and CLAIM your domain/website
    - create your product feed using XLS or XML formats, submit the feed to Product Search

2) create a Google Webmaster Tools account
    - this account helps with stats for natural search rankings

Base / Product Search is good for sites that sell many products. It is intended as a price comparison tool for shoppers. Many companies don't know how to submit a product feed, so you can gain an advantage over them via Product Search.

CAN GOOGLE BASE MAKE MONEY?
    - One of my sites gets an average of 300 sales/mo ($49 avg. sale) from Product Search users.
    -- Product search users convert 5% on my site
    -- Natural search users convert 3% on my site
    ----- (I think this is because people who compare prices are more serious buyers)

ALSO.... Bing Shopping is now available too. When Facebook begins to send its 500,000,000 users to Bing for searches, I think you'll see a lot of sales via Bing Shopping.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    85vicwagonguy, Sep 20, 2010 IP