1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Process Of Copywriting

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Bydavey, May 3, 2016.

As a newbie copywriter, I am experimenting with my approach towards copywriting and finding the best way to approach a brief, and the next steps to take. The main Purpose of this thread is to share your experiences and practices and learn from the same. I will start off by sharing my own...
    When I get a brief from my CD, I start off by knowing the brand inside out, knowing the TG and then get down to intensive research for long hours.
    From the research, I take out important leads and then form the message to be conveyed based the objective of the campaign. I find it very tiring, boring and sometimes, I feel I am going no where with this approach. But, it gets things done, so I am still doing it, but am willing to change.
    Please share your approach and help me out as well...! Thanks!

Bydavey, May 3, 2016 IP
  2. Megan Spencer

Megan Spencer Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to to wonderful world of copywriting! It can be tiring, especially if you work on subjects that don't interest you. I try to take on jobs that interest me. I do get to know the brands and target audience. Although I have to ask, why you are doing hours of research? Are you writing white papers or other technical documents regularly? Writing for niches you are familiar with may be helpful to avoid long hours of research. I also like to work with an outline, find my images during the pre-writing process, and use the inverted pyramid technique to write my pieces. If you are writing blogs it is important to keep the tone conversational as well so I often imagine those pieces as a conversation when I begin writing them.

Megan Spencer, May 5, 2016 IP
  3. hermann

hermann Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you so much. I love copywriting , I would like to develop this solid knowledge in this lost art. that's why I signed up on this forum. then, share your experience as you do help us enormously. I think you should continue to do as you do . the most important is to have at least a winning approach and develop it by continiously putting it into practice. I would like to know the process you use to approach the brief. thank you.

hermann, May 10, 2016 IP
  4. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Copywriting isn't so much about the product but the people you need to sell it to....The product is important but not as much as the people who you want to buy it.
    Its easier now than it ever was to spot your market with the internet providing such easy access to billions of consumers.

I think your method is pretty good. Might be boring but still pretty good.

dddougal, May 11, 2016 IP
  5. Evan D

Evan D Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I would say the best advice I can give a newbie is to NOT "experiment" too much. Especially during the writing phase.
    Do what has been proven to work and cut your teeth writing copy you're excited to write.

If you choose to write about things you're passionate about and things you are genuinely interested in... the research won't be painful or boring.

I would never in a million years take a job writing in the FOREX niche for example, because I find it downright coma inducing.

So, any copy I write for a client in that niche will reflect my obvious lack of passion... and that's a good way to build a bad reputation fast.

Evan D, May 16, 2016 IP