1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Probs adding Debit card to paypal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by naif, Nov 7, 2006.

Hi everyone. I am trying to add a debit card to my paypal account to make my account a verified one. I am using my dad's card. He has two cards, one is Visa and the other one Visa Electron. At first I tried adding the Electron card but it didnt work. I didnt know what to type in the "Card Verification Number" field as there was no 3 digit number at the back of the card. I tried googling for this and found out that your suppose to input 000 for that field if your using an Electron card. So I tried that too but it says

So I thought I would instead use the plain Visa card. It had a 3 digit number at the back. But still I am getting the same error. What am I doing wrong? I double checked the card number.

By the way, I am from India.

naif, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like the card was declined because your name was not the name on the card, or some other similar fraud prevention measure.

jestep, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  3. Kid_A

Kid_A Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably denied b/c your paypal account information doesnt match the information on the card if the paypal account was in your fathers name it should get approved

Kid_A, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  4. naif

naif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @kid_A: Ya it is in my father's name and I typed all the details as they are written on the card.

@jestep: I have seen a few people who have used cards belonging to their parents. I even read a post from a person from a diff forum who used his uncle's card.

Could there possibly be a different reason?

naif, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  5. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It definitely could be something else. If you can, have your Dad call his bank, he should be able to figure out what the problem is.

jestep, Nov 7, 2006 IP
  6. abiji

abiji Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

naif you cannot use debit card to verfy your paypal e-mail address. You need a credit card if you are from india. BTW which bank debit card is it ? If its hdfc bank card then i can help you verify the account.

abiji, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  7. naif

naif Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi abiji. I tried using an Andhra Bank card. Its the one which issued an Visa electron card. When that card didnt work, I used an ICICI card which has International written on it. I was definite that one should work, but it didnt. How can you help me if I have a hdfc bank a/c? I am planning of opening an account of my own and I had plans of opening one at ICICI. But its good I didnt because their cards arent working either. If HDFC bank cards can be used, I'll think of opening an a/c with them.

jestep, I dont know if it would be of any use calling the people at the bank because only few people here are aware of paypal.

naif, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  8. abiji

abiji Active Member

Best Answers:
    abiji, Nov 8, 2006 IP
  9. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    phone up paypal or your bank and ask them. I've phoned paypal a few times when I had some problems, they are very friendly :p

James12513, Nov 8, 2006 IP