1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems with wma?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by goldensea80, Aug 16, 2005.

A friend of mine who has a music site complain a problem. His wma files (which converted from a CD) on the website cannot be played any longer because this error: "the license is downloaded more then 10 times". Is this an attemp of Microsof to prevent unlicensed file? Is there a way to overcome it?

goldensea80, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  2. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is exactly what it is. He will need to rip from CD using different software that does not apply DRM protection (Media Player does by default), or disable DRM in Media Player and convert from CD again. HTH.

mystikmedia, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  3. goldensea80

goldensea80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, ;) I'll try!

goldensea80, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  4. jmoney48

jmoney48 Peon

Best Answers:
    u could get a program that records from ur "stereo mix" and then all u have to do is play the file, then press record in the program to make an mp3, so u dont have to re-rip anything

jmoney48, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  5. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    Right. I was going to mention that (keep in mind I am holding back since I offer software that does all of this), but it would be slower than him ripping from CD again. So, ripping from CD is a better solution in this case. Plus, he mentioned issues with the file expiring...so, I was not 100% sure that he could still play the file himself too.

mystikmedia, Aug 17, 2005 IP