1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems with Uploading in WP Blogs

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by tuppence, Jun 4, 2011.

Hello I am fairly new to running blogs and on two (ones whivh I have bought and had installed for me) I get the following message when I try to change things by adding a new theme in one case and a plugin in the other:

Unable to create directory /home/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2011/06. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

I have no idea what needs changing and as its a WP problem the hosting tech support wont help.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help

tuppence, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  2. Zetiz

Zetiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are uploading zip which is too large. If it so then try uploading through ftp directly into server rather than uploading through wordpress panel.

Hope you got your problem,

Regards

Zetiz, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  3. wertheim

wertheim Guest

Best Answers:
    The directory that you are quoting in your post seems to be set up for image uploads. If you want to upload a theme then you have to put it in the wp-content/themes/
    folder. If you are doing this from your dashboard then just click on "Appearance" then "Themes" and follow the instructions on how to upload a new theme. That can be done as a zip file.

wertheim, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  4. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to use the built in upload/edit functions you may have to get help from your web-host to get some ownership/permissions changes.

wekop, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  5. sanchyclub

sanchyclub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are installing manually then first of all go to your main directory where you are trying to install the theme and try to remove your past files and folders. and after that try again to upload.

sanchyclub, Jun 24, 2011 IP