1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems with the code

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by iamrussell, Dec 28, 2004.

My site was down this morning so I emailed my host and they said that it was the "php code at the bottom of your page" (meaning the co-op links). The site came up about an hour later but my host said they didn't do anything. Does this sound like something that could have been because of the co-op code? I noticed that digital point was down for a little bit this morning as well. Could this be it?

iamrussell, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  2. briandunning

briandunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't looked at the code, but my understanding is that your ads are cached locally and only occasionally does it go back to the server for new ads. I would presume that Shawn put a pretty short timeout on that call in case your server can't reach DP for some reason, so I'd be surprised if a problem at DP's ISP could affect a network site.

briandunning, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  3. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I had to remove them from my website, it wouldn't load totally... And I only saw the timeout once...

Anyway, things look pretty fast right now...

eduardomaio, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  4. michal

michal Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks as if it was caused by the coop code. I couldn;t get to any page on my sites running the ads, but other subdomains where there is no ads worked on the same server.

I am sure that Shawn already took care of that though.

michal, Dec 28, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Dec 28, 2004 IP