1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems with new 2checkout account

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by *Michael*, Apr 13, 2006.

I have signed up with 2checkout about a week ago.

I am trying to get their payment system work, but I keep getting a parameter error.

I have submited 3 tickets so far to their customer care and no reply yet.

Anybody had the same problem with them?

*Michael*, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Have you tried to call them: 1-877-294-0273 - 1 - 2 - 6? They limit the hold time to 10 minutes but it might be worth it / better actually to try to call them. (This is where a speakerphone comes in really handy :) )

Corey Bryant, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  3. *Michael*

*Michael* Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I live in europe so calling to US and listening to a robot that tells me to hold untill somebody will answer is not a good way to spend my money and my mental sanity.

2checkout customer service is really bad. No answer from them so far. I know people that have been with them for some time are happy with their services, but what about new customers?

Geez, I'm getting so frustrated in here...

You pay the money and then you pray that maybe they'll contact you and let you use the service you paid for.

*Michael*, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately some companies like that - it is better to call. They have a UK number: 0871–871–8283 - I don't know if that helps or not.

I take it their FAQs / set-up do not cover the parameter error? Depending on the exact error have you maybe changed a few things - like making sure the state is TX and not Texas, etc?

5. kausik

kausik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes customer care is possibly worst in 2checkout. Most of the times they don't answer at all. Until and unless you face problem in payment 2co is smooth to operate. They wire fast but they don't answer at all by email or their help ticket system!.

kausik, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  6. *Michael*

*Michael* Banned

Best Answers:
    There are so few options to receive money on the net today. Most of them have so many restrictions and some scare away customers with their verification process and by requesting too much personal details.

And when you find a good solid service, you find out it's not as advertised.

I think I've changed my opinion on 2checkout. Customer service is one of the most important things and theirs sucks.

Now if they solve this problem I wonder how will the verification process be for me? Will I have to wait a month like others?

7. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    You might have to wait to get verified. They have to protect their business. Before it is your money, it is 2COs. Before it is 2CO's money, it is the merchant account provider's. And before the MAP's, it is the consumer.

Adding the third party processing in there, each company is goign to protect their money. If the consumer calls the acquiring bank for a refund, a chargeback might be granted. If that happens, they are going to take the money from the MAP who is going to take it from 2CO who will take it from you.

They verify the new merchants to hopefully prevent chargebacks and to make sure you as a merchant, are not trying to set up an account to fraudulently charge credit cards

8. *Michael*

*Michael* Banned

Best Answers:
    I understand this, but I am getting scared by this. I mean they can't even activate my account... how will they handle my verification process?

I am offering services through them. I spend a lot of time working and I have to wait for how long untill they decide to give me the money?

I had a lot of problems getting my paypal account verified and I think I will have with 2checkout too.

I don't want to talk bad about these companies, but I really think that they should improve their customer service.

Anybody here has a 2checkout account? How was signing up with them and the whole verification process for you?

9. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    Parameter error means your site is still in the verification process, it takes a while. (I had same issue, didnt seem to be resolved until after a few support tickets. Make sure your website has the correct text to identify 2checkout as your payment system)

Then, after you made enough sales to get a check, they again make you wait, to call up your customers and verify the sales. It kinda sucks to wait all that time, but it does provide extra security for the customers.

Dejavu, Apr 14, 2006 IP