1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems with DP now.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by finqoo, Aug 8, 2009.

Oh lordy, I feel like I have to share my disapointment with the new design somewhere - so it's going here.

1. I only just noticed this but even though I am a registered member I still have to enter a captcha, what's all that about? I had to refresh it 3 times just to post this as it's so difficult to read.

2. In the buy, sell and trade sections replied to threads are not returning to the top. I now know that it is possible to sort the threads but it's my guess that the majority of posters are not aware of this.

3. By not pushing replied to threads to the top is resulting in auctions being forgotten about, even after bidding I am unlikely to trawl through more than the first 2 pages looking for the thread I was bidding on.
    Also less people are going to be getting involved in each auction as it's life is restricted to time on the first page.

4. The [wtb] and [wts] are distractions.

I am probably going to notice more and more problems, not least the lack of posters and quality within the bst sections.

finqoo, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It goes away after a certain (high) post count. Sorry, but staying as it is right now.

You are aware of it, so you should be able to set it for your account permanently (under UserCP).

Best to subscribe to the threads you are interested in (regardless of how you choose to sort them), then you can watch them in your UserCP and/or be notified of replies.

Hmmmm... well so far, you are the only one who has said they didn't like it. Not sure how it's a distraction when people were putting [WTB] and [WTS] in their thread title before anyway, so it ends up looking the same. But now you can filter/search for only one type if you wish.

digitalpoint, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  3. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Yep Shawn! I use the subscribing to threads a lot and keep refreshing my usercp for updates. This together with using Spy means you can keep tabs on what's going on lately.

Cheap SEO Services, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  4. theultimate1

theultimate1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to be kinda harsh here, but looks like DP is shifting focus from members to ~don't know what~. Was this post useful to anyone but me or the OP? I guess yes. I know for a fact that many DP members (after personal interactions with quite a few of them) aren't too happy with this radical change.

Thanks.

theultimate1, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not a radical change, just cuts out much of the useless/pointless posts. Users don't want to read stuff that has nothing to do with anything other than letting someone know they sent a PM.

If everyone posted publicly somewhere in the forum that they sent someone a PM, there actually would be more "PM sent" posts in the forum than normal posts (there have been more PMs than posts here).

If you are interested, I could PM you with a "PM sent" message every time I send a PM to someone. {rolls eyes}

6. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am really liking EVERYTHING at DP except the social stuff.
    @OP The captcha thing is for our good to prevent spam.

@Shawn Any chance you can share how many posts are needed to get rid of it?

skypeace, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Currently it's 1,000. It's subject to change (obviously).

Smyrl likes this.
  8. finqoo

finqoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who are you to tell me/ us what we I/ we want to read?

finqoo, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  9. lambda1

lambda1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn Dude,

This is my first direct message to you :D.I just want to ask why i dont see any captchas while posting something :D.Is it implied only while starting a new thread??

Thanks.

lambda1, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, new threads.

11. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that I am having errors when trying to give itraders for a trading transaction. I am the OP of the thread but the person that I did the trading didn't posted in the thread. I thought he didn't need to post as long as one of us did?

wptheme, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  12. Evorg

Evorg Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't agree with you OP, the only thing that's a bit annoying is the captcha, but what the heck, i only need around 900 more post to get rid of it :D

Evorg, Aug 8, 2009 IP
    sawz likes this.
  13. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Itrader is not allowed for freebies and link exchanges. Did topic fall in one of those two categories in buy, sell, trade?

Smyrl, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Probably in an area that doesn't qualify for iTrader. If you don't mention the URL, no way anyone can tell you or look into it.

15. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Smyrl is correct. I didn't realize that itrader is a no no for link exchanges. Then what is the trader option for if not link exchanges?
    [​IMG]

Anyway thanks 4 the clarification.

wptheme, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  16. x.marty.x

x.marty.x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I don't like the fact that new replies don't bump threads anymore, I'm holding a $1,000 contest and I'm not getting many entries or exposure at all now because they vanish onto deeper pages quickly, seems pretty pointless holding a contest here now. It's dissapointing.

x.marty.x, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  17. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1,000 is definitely the right number. No spammer will make so mannny posts to spam! :D

skypeace, Aug 8, 2009 IP
  18. theultimate1

theultimate1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of the two radical changes I was referring to when I said not too many people are happy with. I hope and wish and request Shawn and mods. to kindly consider and change it to the previous settings.

To make my point convincing enough, here's some news for ya: three of my buddies from DP have already shifted base to other forums, and they're not newbies here either. They've been here for quite some time. So, if you ask me, these sudden, new changes are slowing down the activity at DP.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    theultimate1, Aug 8, 2009 IP
    farrhad likes this.
  19. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes I see no point in using buy/sell or trading section here anymore.. its becoming less active and I cant able to make my threads appear to people who are really looking for my services anymore and it certainly leads to less business and less money made :( . I tired to advertise through my siggies but I haven't got a single response through that, threads are more effective than signature links and this radical change is literally crippling the people who wants to trade through DP.

Ameena, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  20. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly, I hate the change but I'm such a spammer so who am I to complain? :p

Love*, Aug 9, 2009 IP