1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems with clickbank hop links displaying

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by gooyah_host, Sep 13, 2006.

When I go to any of my hop links the page says cannot be displayed, but I can log into my clickbank account, anyone else having this problem?

I noticed that all my hoplinks are doing the same thing, giving a page cannot be displayed

This is one of the links I am having trouble with

http://xotrevor05.carsearch.hop.clickbank.net

Can someone else tell me if their clickbank hoplinks are having problems also?

gooyah_host, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  2. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have always suspected that Clickbank is not serious affiliate, when is not a displaying problem it is not commission tracking :rolleyes:

Mystique, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  3. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Links are working great for me.
    Either you put in the wrong username or your clickbank account needs to be looked at.

Clickbank is serious!
    They have been in business for years and have yet to cheat anyone.
    They do track the sales made by affiliates better than most.

iowadawg, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  4. gooyah_host

gooyah_host Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using clickbank for about 3 years with out a single problem, I have recieved alot of checks from them.

5. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For 4 years I have not receive any check from Clickbank, not even after purchasing through my own affiliate link, sales never tracked.

Similar thing with CJ for about 6 years, but in this case, everytime I'm near the check they simply "shave" the earnings saying is "retroactive" due to deactivated advertisers :|

Mystique, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  6. gooyah_host

gooyah_host Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, dunno what to say, myself and several others have recieved checks every 2 weeks around the 15th and 31st.

7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I get a 404

fryman, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  8. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The link given by the original poster, is a good link when I input my clickbank name in place of his.

That tells me that either the op used the wrong username, or his account is somehow messed up.
    He needs to go to clickbank, go to his account, and check to see if his username is still current.

iowadawg, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  9. gooyah_host

gooyah_host Peon

Best Answers:
    hi Fryman,

dunno why it would have been removed for TOS violation, been advertising the same way for over 3 years which is withnin the clickbank TOS

10. gooyah_host

gooyah_host Peon

Best Answers:
    I already did all the above,

but I took care of it with a quick resolution. For now, I just changed the hoplink to point to my backup CB account :)

11. Lilly

Lilly Peon

Best Answers:
    I use AffiliatesAlert, which is a clickbank program that helps you arrange and identify NEW products before others promote them. This program also generates your hoplink for you directly from the clickbank server, and for a few days, it no longer operated the way it used to while doing so. It generated the hop link in xxx's. Just today this issue has been resolved. Or so far ... appears to be. So I'm thinking it's an issue (or was) with the clickbank server. Not you. Just my two cents ;)

Lilly

Lilly, Sep 17, 2006 IP
  12. harrydog

harrydog Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there
    I am having the same problem and it is driving me nuts. I cant even see pages that I click on in the clickbank market place.
    I have deleted all cookies, reset my explorer security, restored my machine back to when I know the links were working and even tirned off my firewall but they still dont work.
    So sorry I dont have an answer but I need one fast
    Anybody out there got any ideas
    many thanks in advance

harrydog, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  13. Neal

Neal Peon

Best Answers:
    This problem has been going on for weeks now. Clickbank will go down, which means your hop links go down to. It happens at least 8 times a day if not more. Any where from 3 to 10 min at a time. I was getting ready to email them, but it's down again. I finally put my campaign on pause today, since I'm starting to see my sales drop more and more each day, and my cost staying the same. :(

Neal, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  14. mrblad

mrblad Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also having the same problem with Clickbank, and whats more - so is everybody else! Because when my hoplinks stop functioning (which they do several times a day for several minutes at a time) I always check the hoplinks of my competitors too, and none of them work either! Neither do the links from the Clickbank marketplace. As I stated, this happens several times a day, for several minutes at a time - it's impossible to tell how long or how often this happens really. But one thing is for sure - all of Clickbank's affiliates (and to a lesser extent its vendors, as well as Clickbank itself) are ALL losing money because of this!!!

As far as I can tell, this has been going on since Clickbank updated its website about 2-3 months ago. My guess is that several times each day their servers are becoming overloaded and they cannot resolve the hoplink URLs correctly.

I've e-mailed them about this 3 times now, and they've ignored all of my e-mails on the matter! I pay a premium for my traffic, as I advertise on Google and Yahoo's sponsored listings, but while this is happening I might as well be flushing my money down the toilet!

We all need to start e-mailing Clickbank and not give up e-mailing them until they sort this out. I think they realise they've got a serious problem - they just dont want to acknowledge it - possibly for legal reasons. They have a responsibility to their affiliates and they're clearly not living up to that responsibility. Perhaps this is something they simply can't admit to! However, I just want to hear them acknowledge that there's a prpoblem so that I know that it's at least being investigated. But so far they haven't acknowledged anything.

I'd worry a lot less if I thought they were worrying enough!

mrblad, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  15. igotrichonline

igotrichonline Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to make like 5 sales from differnt cc cards otherwise you wont get paid.

I love CB ;)

igotrichonline, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  16. ajvan

ajvan Peon

Best Answers:
    The hoplinks issue is being discussed over here as well. CB is apparently down randomly throughout the day...the best idea seems to be emailing CB and pausing campaigns if you're paying for ads. I've emailed CB three times now without getting a response.

ajvan, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  17. igotrichonline

igotrichonline Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it might be working now..

igotrichonline, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  18. thebeacon

thebeacon Guest

Best Answers:
    Have anyone solved this issue with ClickBank Error 404? To answer question about click bank paying or not. They do pay, and they pay very, very WELL. You definitely need to do some research about making money using clickbank. If you want to find out more about making money with ClickBank check out www.BestOfBusinessOnline.com

thebeacon, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  19. nowares

nowares Active Member

Best Answers:
    i get a 404 error with the top link... is it still active?

nowares, Dec 4, 2006 IP