1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems Viewing AdSense Ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Warlock, Nov 19, 2004.

Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this? It started happening awhile ago, and I know it's something to do with me because I've visited these pages and viewed the ads perfectly fine with other computers. Basically, any page that uses a Google ad will sit idle for at least 30 seconds (or longer) trying to load the ad (and of course because the ad loads before anything else, nothing else will load in the meantime). Eventually it gives up because it cannot load the ad and the rest of the site loads without the ad. This is extremely annoying since it significantly adds to the page loadtime of any site that has these ads (including these forums) and I have no idea what's causing it nor any idea how to even begin to find out.

I've tried going directly to the URL of the ads (http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/ and also the direct link) and all of them wind up doing about the same thing.. I'll sit there trying to load the site for about 30 seconds and then be presented with a "page cannot be displayed" message. I don't have any ad blockers other than the one in IE after XP SP2, unless one of my old ones has somehow left residual traces of itself somewhere (though I have no idea how I would check this). The only firewall I run is Zonealarm which I don't believe is causing it because I've had the problem long before I installed it.. I have no idea what could be causing it.

So does anyone have any ideas? The problem has been bugging me awhile but I have no clue how to fix it.

Warlock, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you have any firewalls installed, Norton or McAfee products for example?

digitalpoint, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  3. silenced

silenced Peon

Best Answers:
    same problem in my web then I change my domain and host then it is correctly works and display .

silenced, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  4. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be helpful if you post the URL

johncr, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  5. Warlock

Warlock Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to have Norton but I uninstalled it for Zonealarm. I tried to get as much of the lingering pieces as I can (since Semantec is kind of bad with that), though I could have missed something. But like I said, these problems happened before I installed Zonealarm and even with no firewalls enabled it still happens.

I don't have a URL because it happens with EVERY Google ad. Doesn't matter which page it's on. It's happening with the one in these forums.

Warlock, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  6. dchapman

dchapman Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you have javascript disabled? You must have it enabled for google ads to display.

dchapman, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  7. Warlock

Warlock Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, Javascript is enabled..

Warlock, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  8. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Any ad blocking software?

TwisterMc, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  9. Warlock

Warlock Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing but Internet Explorer's (from SP2). I *used* to have some ad blocking stuff but I got rid of it all. It's possible some code from that is lying around somewhere but I have no idea how to check.

Warlock, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  10. musiclover

musiclover Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you use Proxy??

musiclover, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  11. BIZBoy

BIZBoy Banned

Best Answers:
    Just try ads with firefox.......

BIZBoy, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  12. leray