1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problems installing Drupal

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by intrinzik, Aug 14, 2011.

Hi,
    As the title says, I am new to openpublish--and Drupal in general. I am having troubles with the installation of Openpublish on my server and I hope someone may be able to help.
    First, my site can be viewed here: http://jamesalmquist.com/jamesftp/openpublish/openpublish/
    I did not install it to the root directory because I just plan on using the space to "mess" around with openpublish and see if it fits my needs. I am also going to be trying out nodestream as well. So, my web host offers a quick and easy Drupal installation as part of its basic package and I installed that last night just fine. Only thing was, it was Drupal 7 and open publish only works on 6. So I deleted all instances of Drupal 7 (atleast I think I did) and I downloaded the OpenPublish core package from here: http://openpublishapp.com/download
    After unzipping it, I uploaded it to my server, which took about 2 hours (i'm on my third try, so i've wasted 6 hours on this problem). After it finished uploading, I went to install it and that went fine. I created a new database, admin/password and inputted them into the OpenPublish fields and it worked fine. No errors or anything. It then directed me to the homepage with OpenPublish supposedly installed on and as you can see in my link above, it did install just fine.
    Now, here's my problem. I can't access the admin page to begin to customize my site. I am not getting any errors or anything like that as people in the past have posted about, I am physically unable to click the wrench and have anything happen. Clicking the wrench does nothing. It doesn't direct me to a new page, return an error, nothing.
    I am logged in as the admin so I do not know what the problem. If anyone could be of some assistance I would greatly appreciate it. I consider myself more of a designer than a programmer/server admin and this is all very new to but I am willing to learn I pick things up very quickly.
    Thank you.

intrinzik, Aug 14, 2011 IP
  2. Alex210

Alex210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can access the admin page by adding /admin to the end of the url, where Drupal is installed.

Alex210, Aug 14, 2011 IP